      From: James Dawson <jamesndawson@...>
      To: debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:31:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [Debunking Debunkers] Re: Crop Circles---Has Anyone Done the Math?

      Ausiepath,

      It would seem a simple experiment to choose the biggest and most complex crop circle that has yet appeared and have a group of people, perhaps those who've claimed to fake many, attempt to reproduce it, at night.

      Let some people, both "believers" and "skeptics" observe and time them.  If it's successfully done, then doubts that it could be man-made would be eliminated or significantly lessened.

      You may have seen the glib and insulting response I got from John Beatty (message 6282).  Do you know of any groups similar to this one that isn't plagued people who want to interfere with a discussion among open-minded but critical people about in anomolies/mysteries /unexplained phenomena?  One that's moderated?

      Why isn't this forum being moderated and people who make it unpleasant banned?  I know you've got to having opposing viewpoints on a discussion forum, but a moderator has to make a judement about when messages go beyond good-faith challenges and become disruptive.

      Anyway, I've been avoiding this forum for a long time, even though it seemed like a good idea.  Maybe I'll stick around with it, but it'd be nice to find a "critical Fortean" forum with some intelligent discussion of POSSIBLE mysteries--- not snarky, simplistic and peurile putdowns.

      Clyde,

      Are you still out there?  I looked around and found that DD2 and "rubybaby" had been deleted.  If you no longer have the time or interest to moderate this forum, would you consider turning over moderation to somebody who might?

      James N. Dawson

      ausiepath9 <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:
      HI

      Actually there is one very good recorded case I can think off the top
      of my head; by Colin Andrews where himself and the army setup cameras
      etc...a crop circle appeared right next to the field where they were
      situated and no human could have possibly done that as the area was
      secured.

      Go to www.cropcircles. org they make many of them but didnt make the
      ones seen here in Tully etc..in the 60's in Australia.
      Again that's not entirely correct, we can distinguish between man-made
      and others, soil samples prove there is an anomaly not connected to
      any human fakery.