6280Crop Circles---Has Anyone Done the Math?

  • James N. Dawson
    Jun 21, 2006
      Odd Emperor:

      What a strange bit of synchronicity. Pretty much on an impulse, just
      in the last moment while rathered bored, I decided to make some
      comments and ask some questions I had on crop circles and post them on
      this forum. I've had them for some time, and just a few weeks ago,
      made them to my nephew while we were watching something on television
      about them.

      I can go along, tentatively at least, that SOME of the crop circles
      COULD have been made by intelligent, skillfull and resourceful hoaxers,
      but I'm rather more skeptical that they could have made the MUCH
      larger, MUCH more complex ones.

      THE BIG QUESTION IS----After ALL these years of hoaxing, WOULDN'T as a
      mere matter of odds, AT LEAST ONE HOAXER OR GROUP THEREOF, have been
      caught in the act by a farmer or some other person, or in the case of
      the extremely large and complex circles, failed to finish them by sun
      up? That such a thing has NOT happened, that there are (to my
      knowledge, and correct me if I'm wrong) NO U N F I S H E D circles,
      not to mention one single human error or terragraphic "typo" if you
      will, seems to be rather improbable to me---though of course, I can't
      say impossible.

      I'm sure you'll have you're usual flippant and unconvincing pseudo-
      rational response, O.E., so by all means go ahead demonstrate your self-
      perceived cleverness.

      But seriously, I've often wondered if anyone's ever "done the math" and
      actually calculated, even if only roughly, how many man-hours one of
      these (quite beautiful) "monsters" must have required to create, and
      whether they actually COULD have been done in the space of a night.
      Any comments, anybody. Serious and thoughtful ones preferred.

      James N. Dawson

      --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Odd Emperor"
      <oddempire@...> wrote:

      > Wow, no one seems to be around! Are there true no debunkers to debunk?
      > Or no debunkers to debunk the debunkers? Or no debunkers to debunk
      > debunkers who want to become debunkers themselves?
      >
      > Ow, that makes my head hurt!
      >

      > The Odd Emperor (a debunker)
      > http://oddempire.org

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic