6272Textfiles: Hearsay and Hard to Read: Advice from an Ally

  • James N. Dawson
    Dec 21, 2005

      I don't generally agree with John Beatty and Odd Empire
      on "skepticism" and what constitutes a reasonable theory of UFO's and
      other prima facie unexplained phenomena, but in this particular case,
      I would have to say, from what I was able to plow through of them,
      your "textfiles" looked pretty much like "hearsay".

      They may provide some worthwhile leads for the full-time
      investigator, but they're not going to impress even a moderate

      This is what you'd need rather than a mere transcript of a phone

      A recording of the conversation itself that could be subjected to
      some kind of computer or other analysis.

      Video of the actual person saying these things, would be good (though
      not necessarily conclusive) evidence for me.

      As far as documents, you need something on official government
      stationary which you could scan and put on the net. Admittedly this
      could be faked, but it would be better than just a transcription. (I
      saw the Joe Nickels critique of the MJ-12 documents, and found them,
      as usual, pretty snide and shoddy. Stanton Friedman answered them
      well and convincingly---though these are seperate questions whether
      these documents are ultimately genuine.)

      I don't think saying that people are too stupid and lazy to read
      these textfiles is very convincing. I printed mine out and hoped to
      go through them myself, but boy, they are dense and unreadable. If
      you want people to read the evidence, you've got to make it a little
      easier, and paragraph breaks and section titles certainly would help
      to do that. Also, I don't understand the necessity of highlighting
      whole text. It defeats the whole purpose of hightlighting.

      In the final analysis, I'm not sure if trying to engage with the
      conventionalists (those who call themselves "skeptics" but are only
      skeptical toward anything that to them, on an emotional level, is out
      of the ordinary or a minority view, that doesn't adhere to a rigid
      Cartesian model of 17th century science, etc.) Since they seem to be
      demanding "absolute proof" for everything, you can never, even
      theoretically, satisfy them, because in forensics and even the hard
      science, there's always an element of doubt or uncertainty.

      So, I've pretty much come to the conclusion, arguing with such people
      is largely an exercise in futility, and the exact psychological
      motivations for their militant disbelief is perhaps something of a
      mystery in itself!

      > ====================================
      > www.textfiles.com/ufo/ossette.ufo
      > ---------------------------------------------- Start speech with
      the quotes from the MOD re UFO not coming
      > under the Official Secrets Act. Then quote the American document.
      (Slide 1) The
      > fact that we are such close allies. Also if UFO don't come under
      the Official
      > Secrets Act why is it that so many are retained under the 30 year
      rule. I am
      > Tony Dodd and my friend is Dr. Henry Azadehdel. Both Dr. Henry and
      myself were
      > originally geared to speak about our own particular experiences in
      the UFO
      > field, but due to information which came to us several weeks ago in
      relation to
      > an alleged crashed UFO in South Africa, we have spent a
      considerable amount of
      > time engaged in an in depth investigation into the information
      received. Due
      > to the complex nature of the investigation both Dr. Henry and
      myself will take
      > turns to speak and will hopefully give you a picture of the
      sequence of
      > events as they occurred. You will be shown slides of certain
      documents which were
      > passed to us and also of the person who passed the information.
      > it has been necessary to blank out certain names and places but
      this has been
      > done to protect the identity of our informant who is no longer in
      this country.
      > He stated that he is a South African Air Force Intelligence Officer
      and would
      > be charged with Treason in his own country should his identity be
      revealed. I
      > have been corresponding with this man for a long time but was not
      aware of
      > his Intelligence Connections until the last few weeks. At this
      stage I would
      > point out as stated previously, that certain omissions have been
      made in the talk
      > we are about to give. It is of the utmost importance that our
      sources of
      > information are totally protected for their own safety. By
      protecting informants
      > in this way we hope that other Intelligence sources will come
      forward and
      > eventually the full picture of what is going on will emerge. If
      when we have
      > finished giving details of this incident there is time we will be
      happy to answer
      > questions but we reserve the right not to answer if we feel that
      our continuing
      > enquiries or source of information would be compromised.
      > ************************************ *** *** *** END OF PAGE 1 ***
      *** ***
      > ************************************ During the first week in July
      I received correspondence from Mr.
      > which stated that a UFO had crashed in the Kalahari Desert and ha
      > recovered by a team of South African Military personnel to secret
      Air Force base. He
      > also informed me that two live alien entities had been found in the
      craft. The
      > information also stated that a group of American Military personnel
      > arrived and had taken over the investigation. He stated that he
      would forward a
      > copy of the Official South African Top Secret document to me but
      would send i
      > later in a letter which would not contain any details of the sender
      in case the
      > letter was intercepted. (Slide 2) A week later I received the
      document which
      > consisted of five pages and was headed with the South African Air
      Force crest.
      > Every page of the document was marked Top Secret. (Slide 3) The
      story told by
      > the document was as follows: (Slide 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. At 1.45 pm on
      the 7th. May
      > 1989 a Naval Frigate of the South African navy was at sea when it
      > Naval Headquarters to report an unidentified flying object on their
      radar scope,
      > heading towards the South African continent in a North Westerly
      direction at a
      > calculated speed of 5746 nautical miles per hour. This message was
      > acknowledged and confirmed that the object was also being tracked
      by airborne radar and
      > military ground radar installations. The object entered South
      African air
      > space at 1.52 PM and at this time radio contact was attempted but
      to no avail. As
      > a result two Mirage jet fighters were scrambled on an intercept
      course. At
      > 1.59pm. Squadron leader ------- the pilot of one of the Mirage
      fighters stated
      > over the intercom that they had radar and visual confirmation of
      the craft. The
      > order was given to arm and fire the Thor 2 experimental laser
      canon. This was
      > done. (Thor 2 is a Top Secret experimental beam weapon) The
      Squadron Leader
      > reported several blinding flashes emanating from the object which
      had started
      > wavering and it started to decrease speed and altitude at the rate
      of 3000 feet
      > per minute. It eventually crashed at a 25 degree angle into the
      dessert in
      > Botswana A recovery team was dispatched to the crash site where it
      was found that
      > the UFO was embedded in the side of a large crater in the sand. The
      sand in
      > the vicinity of the object was fused together due to the intense
      heat. One
      > telescopic leg protruded from the side of the craft as if caused by
      the impact.
      > Large recovery helicopters were flown to the site and the first one
      reaching the
      > scene overflew the object at a height of 500 feet and immediately
      stalled and
      > crashed. Five crew members were killed. It was found that vehicles
      > approaching the object also developed engine trouble due to an
      intense electro magnetic
      > field coming from the object. ************************************
      *** *** ***
      > END OF PAGE 2 *** *** *** ************************************
      Eventually a
      > paint like compound was received at the site and painted on the
      object which
      > appeared to neutralize the magnetic field. The object was
      eventually conveyed to
      > an Air Force Base and was taken to the sixth level underground. At
      this time
      > it was totally intact. Whilst this was going on the American Team
      from Wright
      > Patterson AFB arrived. Whilst the recovery team and scientists were
      > over the object their attention was suddenly attracted to a noise
      from the side
      > of the craft. They noticed that an opening had appeared in the
      side. It was
      > doorway but had only opened to a small gap. Attempts were made to
      open the door
      > but without success so hydraulic pressure gear was used to force
      the door
      > open. As soon as the door opened two small alien entities staggered
      out an were
      > immediately arrested by security personnel present. A makeshift
      medical holding
      > area was set up. One of the entities appeared to be seriously
      injured but
      > doctors withdrew when one of them was attacked by one of the
      aliens. The attacked
      > doctor received severe deep scratches to the face and chest from
      the claws of
      > the alien. (Slide 8) Arrangements were made for the UFO and the
      aliens to be
      > transported to Wright Patterson AFB, Dayton Ohio; USA As a result
      of this
      > information a person who will remain unnamed telephoned the South
      African AFB where
      > the Mirage Fighters had been scrambled. This man was a Private
      > in America for many years and therefore well versed in speaking
      American. He
      > asked to be connected to Squadron Leader XXXXXXXXXX the
      conversation went as
      > follows: Is that Squadron Leader XXXXXXXXXXXXX REPLY Yes. QUESTION.
      This is
      > General Brunel speaking from Wright Patterson. I have the document
      in front of me
      > code named XXXXXXX REPLY. Yes. QUESTION. I am confused, this
      document does not
      > say how many times you fired at the object. REPLY. Who did you say
      you were
      > sir QUESTION. General Brunel, surely Squadron Leader it's a
      straight forward
      > question, how many times did you fire at the darn thing.
      > ************************************ *** *** *** END OF PAGE 3 ***
      *** ***
      > ************************************ REPLY. I fired once sir, could
      you hang on so that I can go to safe
      > phone. QUESTION. That won't be necessary Squadron Leader, you have
      told m what
      > I wanted to know goodbye. --------------------------------- In the
      > military personnel were contacted in America to try to find out
      what was
      > happening at Wright Pattterson AFB. REPLY. Can't get any
      information about arrival
      > of UFO but established that Wright Patterson was put on Red Alert
      on 23rd.
      > June, 1989. (This is the day the UFO was proported to be shipped to
      > Patterson.) --------------------------------------------------------
      ---------- On
      > July 31st. this year our informant arrived in this country and by
      > arrangement took up temporary residence with Dr. Henry. He informed
      us that he was on
      > route to Wright Patterson AFB on a military mission and would
      depart on the
      > 6th. August. He contacted the South African Embassy from Dr.
      Henry's home to let
      > them know where he was staying in case they needed to contact him.
      He later
      > made a sworn statement to us confirming his story. (Slide 9) He had
      > taken with us (Slide 10. 11. 12.) We were informed that various
      > were found inside the craft and stated that the military had been
      unable to
      > decipher them. (Slide 15) Dr. Will talk about this. He also did a
      drawing of the
      > interior of the craft and the general layout. He also showed us and
      > us to photograph two NASA passes which were for his use at Wright
      > AFB At this time we made contact with a second intelligence officer
      in South
      > Africa who spoke to Dr. Henry personally. This officer told us that
      he had seen
      > and had access to a series of black and white photographs of the
      > aliens and their craft and a 50 page telex message from Wright
      Patterson AFB
      > relating to the recovery of the UFO He stressed how dangerous it
      would be to get
      > the papers but stated that he would forward a set of the black and
      > photographs and a copy of the telex as soon as he was able. One of
      the named American
      > personnel who was present at the retrieval was later spoken to at
      > Patterson AFB by Dr Henry at the OSI department. (Henry Will speak
      about this)
      > ************************************ *** *** *** END OF PAGE 4 ***
      *** ***
      > ************************************ Within 24 hours our informant
      staying with Dr.
      > Henry received a telephone call from the head of South African
      > informing him that the mission was cancelled and telling him to
      report back to
      > Military Headquarters Pretoria forthwith where he would face a
      Court Martial. I
      ************************************ *** ***
      > *** END OF PAGE 7 *** *** *** ************************************
      > ************************************ *** *** *** 14 Pages of
      Material follow *** *** but
      > we are unable to convert *** *** via OCR due to inter mixed *** ***
      > on the pages *** *** *** ************************************ The
      > of my telephone Conversation with the Chief of Military
      Intelligence in South
      > Africa, Aug. 1989
      Henry: H General: X H: Mr. X X: Yah. H: Hello, I am calling from
      Hawaii X:
      > Yes... H: I would like to ask you about this UFO crash in Kalahari.
      X: You
      > what? H: A UFO crash in Kalahari dessert. (Talking rather loud) X:
      I can't hear
      > you very well, just say it again. H: A UFO crash in Kalahari
      desert, May 1989.
      > X: May 89 ( Thinking about my above comments). B: Yes. X: Who is
      speaking? H:
      > This is Jonnathan speaking from Hawaii. X: What is your surname? H:
      > Smith. X: (He repeats my name, giving the impression of writing it
      > so WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? H: I want to know where did it go
      eventually? X:
      > I can't hear you. H: Where did it go eventually? Did it go to
      Wright Paterson,
      > or you kept it in South Africa after it crashed. X: WHY DO YOU WANT
      TO KNOW?
      > H: Well. I've been investigating UFOS for 20 yoars. X: I think
      you...you are
      > talking to wrong person, whore did you get my number? H: Well, we
      have contacts
      > to get numbers everywhere. X: I CAN NOT GIVE YOU THAT INFORMATION:
      I'VE NOT
      > GOT IT. H: It crashed in May 89, and was shippad to Wright Paterson
      in June, am
      > I correct X: (stammering) No....n....no, I am not sure, I don't
      thinkyou have
      > got the RIGHT information, whera did you get that? H: Well,
      information comes
      > to us from all over thr world. X: What kind of crash was it?
      (Remember I had
      > alraady told him) H: It was an Unidentified Flying Object. X: In
      the Kalahari?
      > H: Yes. X: 19...? H: 1989, Botswanna. X: Ah...Ah..h..., No, I
      haven't got
      > that information. I think perhaps it is a rumour. H: I think I
      would be very much
      > surprised if it was a rumour. ************************************
      *** ***
      > *** END OF PAGE 22 *** *** *** ************************************
      ******* X:
      > (Now trying to meddle the subject) So, What are you saying? You are
      sitting in
      > Hawaii and you got that information. Where did you get that?? H: As
      I said, we
      - ************************************
      ************************************ These
      > 3 pages consist of a transcript of the telephone conversation
      between Dr.
      > Henry Azadehdel and Mr. L at Wright Patterson September 15,1989.
      > ===================================
      > From: samilitaryhistory.org/research.html
      > From: Paul Carolus
      > e-mail: ashwinc@m...
      > Subject: UFO shot down in SWA
      > Date posted: 13 May 2002 I have heard about an incident that
      happened in SWA,
      > where a UFO was shot down by a South African pilot. I would like to
      > this happening in a book that I am writing,and would appreciate it
      if anyone
      > with any knowledge on the subject who was on active duty in SWA in
      the 1970s and
      > 1980s,could mail me.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic