4644Re: Another one from skeptic62

  • thevirtualgreek
    Apr 2, 2002
      --- In debunkingdebunkers@y..., zen_witch <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > What a classic. *lmao* They do love you. Thing they don't get is we
      don't
      > need them, they need us. Without people who have a fortean approach
      to the
      > paranormal, they have nothing to debunk or sneer at. We, on the
      other hand,
      > have plenty of fun dicussing possibilities of
      paranormal/unexplained
      > phenomena.

      Now hold on just a durn minute! You're absolutely right that skeptics
      need Forteans. After all, what would we have to be skeptical about?

      But you need us too, to stir the pot. Otherwise the conversation just
      sounds like some kind of New Age convention with everyone on Valium.
      A New York Review of Each Other's Books. Preaching to the choir. Ten
      years of chatting about Forteana with no skeptics would produce a
      giant cauldron of twisty anecdotal factoids all the same.

      ~~ Paul
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic