Coming to this subject late...

  • Mitch
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 1999
      Come on Pilgrim...does contain seven of my favourite songs, so must be quite good.

      What a start! Vamos and Isla de Encanta!, and what an amazing ending, with I've Been Tired and Levitate Me!

      If the Pixies had only released this, they would have been remembered as tremendous. As brilliant as it was and is, compared to other Pixies stuff it falls short. It is the Pixies "alien sound" that makes them so wonderful, and COP is a superb, well, normalish recording. Well, it sounds normal now, but I suppose it was groundbreaking then, because they made the genre what it is.

      On the basis of that blanket statement, I shall retire.

      Mitch