Re: Welcome to debaser@onelist.com

  • Trev
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 1999
      is this alive or DEAD?

      I won't spam. Promise. I'll try not to do one liners.

      me? Saw the pixies twice. excellent band.

      Frank Black solo? been a bit dissappointed with what I have heard - Teenager
      of the Year and The Cult of Ray. Both okay LPs. But they don't hit the same
      highs as the Pixies did for me.

      Kim Deal. Liked The Breeders, preferred The Pod LP. It rocked. The Amps were
      okay. Sold my copy of their LP. What is she upto these days?

      as for Joey and Dave (it is Dave isn't it?) - what have they been upto all
      these years?

      Thanks
      Trev

      The Living End
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mumbles/livingen.htm

      The Jesus And Mary Chain
    • Gary Goldfinch
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 1999
        >From: "Trev" <trevor@...>

        >is this alive or DEAD?

        DEAD (sounds like a cue for a song...)

        >me? Saw the pixies twice. excellent band.

        me too. London Town & Country, sep.88, may.89. Rocked my world.

        >Frank Black solo? been a bit dissappointed with what I have heard -
        Teenager
        >of the Year and The Cult of Ray. Both okay LPs. But they don't hit the same
        >highs as the Pixies did for me.

        How can he make stuff that sounds so downright...ordinary. A mystery of our
        times.

        >Kim Deal. Liked The Breeders, preferred The Pod LP. It rocked. The Amps
        were
        >okay. Sold my copy of their LP. What is she upto these days?

        big rumours there could be a breeders album sometime this year...

        >as for Joey and Dave (it is Dave isn't it?) - what have they been upto all
        >these years?

        I spotted dave drumming with cracker on jools holland once. I think Joey had
        a band for a while that had a track on the Empire Records soundtrack.
        Martinis? Keep meaning to track it down.

        gary.
      • jason stein
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 1999
          Joey Santiago now plays in a band with his wife, the band being called The
          Martinis. They had a song on the Empire Records soundtrack titled "Free".
          They have a CD available for mail order through their web site:

          www.themartinis.com

          The CD is very good and you all should order a copy.

          As for Frank Black...His solo stuff rules!

          -Jason

        • Bettypinup@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 1999
            hey, im new here, sorry to make it a "one liner"
            hope that this list actually sees action, opposed to most of the other lists
            that i have subscribed to
            **betty**