I love the pixies

  • daniel_wadsworth@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 1999
      I just bought a pixies compilation with all the studio tracks they did at the maida vale studios (not the BBC one) and it is amazing.

      yesterday was a good day for me. And also a day of coincidencies (is that spelt right). I went out with all the people from work to a restaurant called Sticky Fingers (Bill Wymans restaurant), and after it we were going to go to a club. But I felt too tired so I went to get the tram. And waiting there was this girl called Andrea who I used to go to primary school with. And I hadn't seen her since then, so I went up to talk to her, and it turns out she likes Belle and Sebastian, and she has also heard of Looper. Wow! I thought I was the only person in Stretford. Anyway we are going out tonight now. Just think if I had gone to the club none of this would have happened. Life is so chaotic, what happens to us, who we meet, can hinge on something as irrelevant as not going to a club. Spooky! Here is a poem which reflects my happy mood today.

      Clean
      For the first time since I reached thirteen,
      I feel clean,
      I have no doubts in my mind, plain acceptance,
      I am what I am,
      I'm not going back to the time when I wished I was better,
      When I wanted to be cleverer, more intelligent, more attractive,
      I was in too much pain,
      I wasn't living but now I'll never feel that way again,
      I have freed my soul,
      I have other feelings than sorrow and misery,
      Happiness, joy, hope, glee,
      I think it is much better this way,
      Grateful to get up and start a new day,
      I no longer stay in my own mind hiding away,
      I live life like theres no tomorrow,
      But I will not forget other people,
      I want them to enjoy it as much as me,
      But I just put myself and my family first,
      I think that way I'm better able to help other people somehow,
      Knowing that I cannot fail,
      I know I will succeed however many obstacles are placed in my path,
      I can now just laugh,
      I just keep going, trying and trying harder still,
      I will never fall down again,
      I will never be in pain,
      For I am me and theres no better person I could be
    • Gary Goldfinch
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 1999
        From: daniel_wadsworth@...

        >I just bought a pixies compilation with all the studio tracks they did at
        the maida vale studios (not the BBC one) and it is amazing.

        haven't seen this one, bootleg is it? are the tracks different to the 4ad
        one?

        anyone see frank b. on the adam & joe show? star.

        gary