Re: [debaser] Digest Number 229

  • rhartig@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2003
      darren-
      i could not disagree with you more. charlie was the main songwriter and the "major force" as you call it, but it was the chemistry between all four that made it magic. you don't think he needed kim deal's bass playing, back up vocals, personality; or joey's great/tastefull guitar or dave lovering's propulsive or explosive drumming?
      it was no fluke that the breeders' success rivaled the pixies'. i think kim deal had big input on the dynamics of alot of the songs. one only needs to listen to pod to understand that. plus she ain't a shabby songwriter either. (and she wrote probably their biggest selling single, gigantic)