Re: [debaser] FANS HOPE FOR PIXIES REUNION

  • Rich Griffiths
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 8, 2000
      Not this fan.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <house_ablaze@...>
      To: <debaser@egroups.com>
      Sent: 08 December 2000 18:07
      Subject: [debaser] FANS HOPE FOR PIXIES REUNION

      > FANS HOPE FOR PIXIES REUNION AS FRANK BLACK HITS THE ROAD AGAIN
      > http://www.nme.com/NME/External/News/News_Story/0,1004,10682,00.html

    • Gabriel Artur C. Maciel
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 9, 2000
        >Not this fan.

        Interesting. Why not? Do you feel it wouldn't be the same thing as before?

        Gabriel Artur C. Maciel
        UIN: 2270327
        "Drawn like moths we drift into the city
        The timeless old attraction
        Cruising for the action
        Lit up like a firefly
        Just to feel the living night"
        -Rush, Subdivisions
      • Rich Griffiths
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 9, 2000
          In my experience bands that reform are never as good as before, ( with a few
          exceptions.)
          While I know some people never got to see The Pixies perform and I wouldn't
          want to deny anybody that experiance, I myself would rather be left with my
          memories, and the (slight) risk that they might not be very good could
          destroy those memories.

          Rich

          --------------------------------------
          ---------------------------------------

        • TMBGCAT@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 10, 2000
            Joey should just join the Catholics full time. David Lovering is out of the
            business and screw Kim.

            -Mickey
            In a message dated 12/9/00 6:29:56 AM, dikygriff@... writes:

            << m >>
          • jo
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2000
              screw Kim? harsh....

              TMBGCAT@... wrote :
              > Joey should just join the Catholics full time.
              > David Lovering is out of the
              > business and screw Kim.

              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
            • Gabriel Artur C. Maciel
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 11, 2000
                >Joey should just join the Catholics full time. David Lovering is out of the
                >business and screw Kim.

                Screw Kim?? Gee...
                What is Lovering up to these days?

                Gabriel Artur C. Maciel
                UIN: 2270327
                "You ask me why I'm weary, why I can't speak to you
                You blame me for my silence, say it's time I changed and grew
                But the war's still going on, dear, and there's no end that I know"
                -Blue Öyster Cult, Veteran of the Psychic Wars
              • TMBGCAT@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 11, 2000
                  well, I really like Kim's music alot, but she and Frank can't work well
                  together, and she seem to be very unproductive as of late, anyway.
                  In a message dated 12/11/00 4:25:20 AM, indiekid_uk@... writes:

                  << screw Kim? harsh.... >>
                • TMBGCAT@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 11, 2000

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 11, 2000
                      he's a magician, seriously.
                      In a message dated 12/11/00 12:59:03 PM, radagast@... writes:

                      << What is Lovering up to these days? >>
                    • Michael de Gier
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 12, 2000
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 12, 2000
                          let me clear things up when I said "screw Kim".
                        • TMBGCAT@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 12, 2000
                            sorry about the last email

                            to clear up the "screw kim" thing that I said, I was by no means bashing her.
                            I'm a big Kim deal fan, what I meant is that there is no chance of Kim and
                            Frank working together again. Sorry, I should have phrased it differently.
                          • Gabriel Artur C. Maciel
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 13, 2000
                              >to clear up the "screw kim" thing that I said, I was by no means bashing her.
                              > I'm a big Kim deal fan, what I meant is that there is no chance of Kim and
                              >Frank working together again. Sorry, I should have phrased it differently.

                              Sad but true, I really doubt those two would be in the same band again.