[debaser] - the stuff

  • Debaser
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24 4:44 AM
      did my favorite band, the pixies, ever make a song called 'born in
      chicago'?

      i phoned in a request/donation pledge for 'anything by the' to a radio
      station near where i live, which is notorious for having just about every
      album ever made, and they played this crazy tune with harmonicas and some
      hooks uber more blues than i've heard from the band. just wondering...

      is there another band named the pixies?
    • james barnard
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24 6:43 AM
        this was the pixies as you know them, its from "rubiyat" an electra comp,
        charting all their years of being alabel, all the current bands covered
        songs by bands from the archives, the cure doing the doors, metallica doing
        queen, and a great one- the gypsy king doing the eagles hotel california,
        superb no really!
        > did my favorite band, the pixies, ever make a song called 'born in
        > chicago'?
        >
        > i phoned in a request/donation pledge for 'anything by the' to a radio
        > station near where i live, which is notorious for having just about every
        > album ever made, and they played this crazy tune with harmonicas and some
        > hooks uber more blues than i've heard from the band. just wondering...
        >

        > is there another band named the pixies?

      • Adam Bruneau
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26 7:06 PM
          Has anyone seen that car commercial for the new Nissan Sentra? They play a
          song with a riff that is a COMPLETE rip off of the "La La Love You" guitar
          line. Just thought I'd say that...

          Mr. Kite
          Adam Bruneau
        • Debaser
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27 4:17 AM
            oh well. up here in Kanada we have a car ad (just new, hadn't seen it before
            a couple days ago, and i forget the make/model but i suspect it's
            volkswagon) which uses 'Last Splash' by you know who.

            progress? yeah. sure. why not?

            as for ripping off that hook... prove it. besides that... where did our
            heros rip it from? : )

            Subject: [debaser] La La Love You Nissan Rip Off

            Has anyone seen that car commercial for the new Nissan Sentra? They play a
            song with a riff that is a COMPLETE rip off of the "La La Love You" guitar
            line. Just thought I'd say that...

            Mr. Kite
            Adam Bruneau

            Get paid for the stuff you know!
            Get answers for the stuff you don't. And get $10 to spend on the site!
            http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/3/_/106304/_/956801102/