Re: [debaser] Doe...Doe...Doe

  • Wendy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2000
      > I would gladly tape that for you in exchange for the VH1 thing! What

      ALRIGHT! You're on.

      > was all on the VH1 thing anyway, could you tell me a little more about
      > that???

      She's only got like a 5 minute spot on it. But it's a quick chronicle of her
      career and impact on rock and some brief comments from other musicians (like
      Hole's Courtney Love and Shirley Manson of Garbage) about her. 99 other
      prominent female musicians are profiled. It was a series done in 6 1-hour
      segments, I think.

      > As for lyrics guess I don't generally pay much attention to them at
      > all. i mean sure when they happen to come inside the CD booklets I'll
      > read em a few times, and if I REALLY love the song(s) I'll eventually
      > sing a long to it, but that's about the extent of it. And Trompe Le
      > Monde happens to be by far my favorite Pixies album!

      It was only that one song that disappointed. And only because it sounded so,
      so cool. I couldn't even say now, what my amorphous interpretation of it had
      been. I think it was the fact that I could play it and imagine it to match
      whatever my mood was. And once I knew the words, I still liked it but the
      meaning had become more specific and the mystery was lost.