Gi-gan-tic

  • Wendy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2000
      This morning I was driving to work listening to the Reel Big Fish
      version of "Gigantic" from the Where Is My Mind? tribute album. So
      funny.

      It struck me that that beat heavy, techno-dance-a-tronic, high energy
      rendition is kind of like an incarnation of what made Kim Deal and
      Tanya Donelly spawn the Breeders in the first place: as a way of
      collaborating on the ultimate disco song, that would be so successful
      that they could just retire. The Reel Big Fish version's even got
      disco whistle effects, for chrissake! It is one infectious little
      blasphemy, right from the first solemn, "Gi-gan-tic..." Hi-L