THE CORRUPTION OF REALITY ( 2)

  • Dr. Newton Joseph
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2006

      THE CORRUPTION OF REALITY ( 2)

      By John F. Schumaker,Ph.D

      Many people steer away from a scientific study of religion since it is a sensitive issue. However, my own view is that religion, defined the broadest manner possible, and holds the key to a much deeper understanding of human behavior, especially in the area of abnormal behavior. This is because of the very fine line separating religion from many classes of psychopathology, with that line being culture itself. That is, without culture sanction, most or all of our religious beliefs and rituals would fall into the domain of mental disturbance. Religion is abnormal in the literal sense of the word. By this I mean, that, in the course of adopting religion, one is required to construe (or misconstrue) the world in terms or principles that contradict or supersedes naturalistic modes of understanding.

      www.atheistfellowship.com

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2006
        --"Dr. Newton Joseph" wrote:

        -M: Doc,

        Maybe this Schumaker clown is a non-Jung ,non-W.James, non-C.Rogers,
        non-C.Graves-reading-wussified-dodging-heretical-Freudian-punk-ass.

        Maybe he DODGES like a WUSSY, like you do.

        shanti
        Mark, Seattle