[Death To Religion] Re: the clockwork orange of klabbah.

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 5, 2005
      --n1n31nchn3rd wrote:

      > rj sundseth wrote:

      > > R.J.: n1n31nchn3rd, how the f u c k do you know another persons
      motivation or purpose?[...]

      >N: Don't get pissed at me just because you are a little slow in
      realizing you're wasting your time.

      -M: RJ is your philosophical superior, therefore he is a better judge
      of whether he is wasting his time or not.

      shanti
      Mark, Seattle
    • rj sundseth
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 15, 2005
        Mark <parashakti108@...> wrote: --rj sundseth wrote:
        > Mark wrote:

        > > >R.J.: Quoting you once again; "Why would someone act upon
        something if it is not a view they have of the world?"

        > > >RJ: That makes it clear that you need worldviews to have faith.
        If you need worldveiws, and you define worldviews to be religious and
        faith based, they have to be synonymous.

        > > -M: They are interdependant but not synonomous. [...]
        >
        > >R.J.: "Interdependant" is not a word
        >
        > -M:
        > -----------------------------
        > Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
        > interdependent
        > 2 entries found for interdependent .
        > To select an entry, click on it.
        > interdependentinter-
        > Main Entry: interdependent
        > interdependent can be found at Merriam-WebsterUnabridged.com. Click
        > here to start your free trial! [...]
        > --------------------------------
        > R.J.: Yeah, that is "interdependent", not "interdependant".

        -M: Why are you being so picky about the spelling? You did that with
        demarkation vs demarcation as well.
        R.J.: I did. That is because you are rewriting definitions, and because of this, I don't know whether or not you are using actual words, or changing the spellings or words and coming up with your own definitions for them. I would suggest, however, that you do this with faith to "fayth" and possibly religion to "relygion", that way, we don't get mixed up with the actual definitions. Or, since they are synonymous, why not just say Klabbah?

        upon.

        > order for someone to act upon it. Based off of your definitions,
        > they have to be the same thing, [...] So people will act on their
        > worldview AND on their faith.
        [...]

        >R.J.: Admitted to religion and faith being synonymous.

        -M: No, they are not synonomous.

        >RJ: We need faith to have a worldview, but we can only have strong
        enough confidence in something if it is a view we have on the world
        (worldview).

        -M: Stop doing that! I already told you many times that a *view we
        have on the world* is not a worldview(unless it is comprehensive)!

        R.J.: It is comprehensive of whatever it is a view of, namely an aspect of the world. So, a view we have on the world IS a worldview, comprehensive of all the things that constitute that particular view.

        faith= *belief held with enough conviction to act upon*

        worldview= *a comprehensive conception or apprehension of the world
        especially from a specific standpoint*

        R.J.: Which is a great definition for "a view that one has on the world."

        religion= a faith-based worldview.

        shanti