Re: Science is faith-based and subjective.

    Message 1 of 72 , Oct 7, 2005
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <parashakti108@y...> wrote:
      > -M: I would tell you. I am a sport.

      But would you? Would you even know if you lost?

      > -M: Those are the least presumptous and therefore the easiest to work
      > with.

      I disagree, they are the ones that best fit your argument which is why
      you are proposing them, they aren't what most people think when they
      think of faith.
    • Mark
      Message 72 of 72 , Oct 17, 2005
        --bestonnet_00 wrote:
        > --n1n31nchn3rd wrote:
        [...]
        > > What, I can't use science and math?

        -M: Science, yes, but not material science for what I am aware. The
        only *God detectors* that I am aware of are biologicals, the best
        being mystics like saints, sages and siddhas.

        Math, logic and other languages are based upon *differentiation* -
        differentiation between objects and their contexts, and
        differeitiation between input and output.

        God is undifferentiated, so math doesn't work towards proving him.

        If you want proof of God, get involved in spiritual practice and
        meditate. If you want to understand the subsiquent religious
        experiences, this is what the scriptures of the philosopher-saints
        are for.

        >B: Science isn't a good thing to use to show that something which
        doesn't exist exists.

        -M: Can you prove this?

        shanti
        Mark, Seattle