Re: Science is faith-based and subjective.

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 72 , Oct 6, 2005
      --bestonnet_00 wrote:
      > --"Mark" wrote:
      > > -M: Then try defeating me.

      >B: How would I know I've done it?

      -M: I would tell you. I am a sport.

      >B: I wouldn't expect you to admit defeat even if the floor was mopped with
      you and you probably don't expect me to do the same either.

      -M: I don't think that you would, however I will give you the opportunity to
      prove that you are a sport like me.

      ---------------------------
      >B: Also not agree upon and again not very common. Ask yourself why the
      definitions you've chosen are numbers 3 and 4 respectively?

      -M: Those are the least presumptous and therefore the easiest to work with.

      Well? Are you going to give me single competing definitions for both?

      shanti
      Mark, Seattle
    • Mark
      Message 72 of 72 , Oct 17, 2005
        --bestonnet_00 wrote:
        > --n1n31nchn3rd wrote:
        [...]
        > > What, I can't use science and math?

        -M: Science, yes, but not material science for what I am aware. The
        only *God detectors* that I am aware of are biologicals, the best
        being mystics like saints, sages and siddhas.

        Math, logic and other languages are based upon *differentiation* -
        differentiation between objects and their contexts, and
        differeitiation between input and output.

        God is undifferentiated, so math doesn't work towards proving him.

        If you want proof of God, get involved in spiritual practice and
        meditate. If you want to understand the subsiquent religious
        experiences, this is what the scriptures of the philosopher-saints
        are for.

        >B: Science isn't a good thing to use to show that something which
        doesn't exist exists.

        -M: Can you prove this?

        shanti
        Mark, Seattle