Re: [Death To Religion] Digest Number 419

  • Olatunde Aroloye
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2005

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/DzVolB/TM

      http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

      > KANSAS CITY, KS—As the debate over the teaching of
      > evolution in public
      > schools continues, a new controversy over the
      > science curriculum arose
      > Monday in this embattled Midwestern state.
      > Scientists from the
      > Evangelical Center For Faith-Based Reasoning are now
      > asserting that the
      > long-held "theory of gravity" is flawed, and they
      > have responded to it
      > with a new theory of Intelligent Falling.
      > Rev. Gabriel Burdett (left) explains Intelligent
      > Falling.
      > Above: Rev. Gabriel Burdett (left) explains
      > Intelligent Falling.
      >
      > "Things fall not because they are acted upon by some
      > gravitational
      > force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if
      > you will, is pushing
      > them down," said Gabriel Burdett, who holds degrees
      > in education,
      > applied Scripture, and physics from Oral Roberts
      > University.<<

      "There is no fool like an educated fool,
      once he gets off the thing he was educated in."

      -Kenneth Copeland

      A user of science myself, I find nothing wrong with
      Burdett's statement. For instance, someone very
      sensible once wrote that we COULD all believe that the
      Universe revolved around the Earth IF WE CHOSE- all it
      would do is just make astronomical computations a bit
      more complicated. He wasn't advocating that- he wasn't
      some religious nut- he just made a point.

      Where I get very annoyed is where people concoct these
      sorts of theories, then KILL AND DIE FOR THEM. For
      WHAT? It is just a POINT OF VIEW!

      What makes it WORSE is when THERE IS NO PRACTICAL
      APPLICATION for the theory! What do you NEED it for,
      then? See, if, along with the theory, Burdett now
      reaches into his @$$, and yanks out A WORKING
      ANTI-GRAVITY ENGINE, aha! NOW YOU ARE TALKING!
      THAT would SURELY CHANGE LIFE ON EARTH AS WE KNOW IT!

      This is the Problem with Pentecostalism (my chosen
      religion): We got all these idiots who have visions
      (we can PROVE that they DO have some measure of
      usually uncontrollable ESP), and they meet "God." And
      all they TALK about is HOW TO START A NEW
      DENOMINATION! Why not ASK about, say, THE CURE FOR
      CANCER (I already got that one), or PERPETUAL MOTION
      (i.e. "FREE ENERGY," several someones else got that),
      or A NEW GOSPEL ACCOUNT of THE LIFE OF CHRIST that
      would END Christian disunity? (Working on it!) Silence
      and eradicate the irrational sick nuts for ever?

      But no- all we get out of them is something totally
      mundane and short-sighted- an unnecessary Healing or
      Prphetic "Gift" that would KILL ALL SPIRITUAL
      DEVELOPMENT in the recipient, and those influenced by
      him. (Example: Kenneth E. Hagin).

      > Burdett added: "Gravity—which is taught to our
      > children as a law—is
      > founded on great gaps in understanding. The laws
      > predict the mutual
      > force between all bodies of mass, but they cannot
      > explain that force.
      > Isaac Newton himself said, 'I suspect that my
      > theories may all depend
      > upon a force for which philosophers have searched
      > all of nature in
      > vain.' Of course, he is alluding to a higher
      power."<<

      When I discovered SCIENTOLOGY around 1994, my reaction
      was: WHY WAS I NOT *TOLD* THIS???

      Three of L. Ron Hubbard's key disclosures was that the
      Universe could be considered to be "Motion of Energy
      in Space through Time;" "ALL Thought is concerned
      wholly with motion;" "The Goal of all Existence is
      Survival, and only Survival."

      I realized then that what we in Bible Religion call
      "The Commandments of God" are THE PRESCRIBED VECTORS
      to PROMOTE LIFE. This had special significance to me,
      because in the Faith Movement we are taught that "The
      Word of God" "IS" Life.
      So I realized that "LIFE" depends on SUPERCEDING
      Newton's THREE LAWS OF MOTION.

      Inanimate objects and CORPSES obey Newton's Three Laws
      PERFECTLY, but LIVING THINGS DO NOT. Of course, if you
      add up all the motion going on in any organism, and
      correlate it with the calorific intake, you should
      probably find that no magic energy comes from or
      disappears to somewhere, BUT IN CHRISTIANITY
      ESPECIALLY, we are specifically commanded to MOVE
      DISPROPORTIONATELY to forces acting on us.

      NEWTON: Objects continue in a state of rest, or
      uniform motion in a straight line, unless acted upon
      by unbalanced forces.

      JESUS: All things that you would others do for you, do
      ye also to them, for this IS The Law and The prophets.

      NEWTON: The rate of change of momentum is proportional
      to the force applied.

      JESUS: Bless them that curse you, do good to those who
      hate you.

      NEWTON: Action and reaction are equal and opposite.

      JESUS: If anyone smite thee on thy right chhek, turn
      to him the other also.

      =====================================

      We find that if we figure out how Human behavior is
      flawed by our occasionally acting like an inanimate
      object, a state New Testament thought calls "Death,"
      we can derive a philosophy of life very similar to
      what Jesus commanded, and the best teachings of the
      Old Testament. It is very intersting to note that
      JESUS' DISCIPLES and the so-called Apostle Paul
      SHARPLY DEVIATED from those teachings, and actually
      tried to HIDE Jesus' teachings from The Church- which
      is how all the trouble with Christianity REALLY
      started.

      I am very intersted in the fact that NO CHRISTIAN has
      ever reported what I have seen in L. Ron Hubbard's
      doctrine- which is derived from the entirety of
      Matthew 18 in The Bible.

      It gets even more interesting when you try out even
      those who consider themselves "deeply spiritual" with
      the teachings of Dr. Carlos Castaneda, the
      anthropologist who was accidentally trained as a
      Native American Nagual seer, able to *see* visions at
      will and teleport himself physically into Adjacent
      Universes.
      Carlos Castaneda proved more or less athenticity of
      the entirety of Jesus of Nazareth's "crazy doctrine,"
      but Christianity at large DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW THAT.

      The most important thing about L. Ron Hubbard and
      Carlos Castaneda is that THEY PROVE that you DON'T
      NEED TO sell your soul to YAHWEH GOD, JESUS, SATAN or
      any other entity, but if you just DISCIPLINE YOURSELF,
      you can attain ANY spiritual level or power that you
      want.
      ONLY Carlos Castaneda has ever revealed publicly
      EXACTLY what happens to people after they die, and
      what the alternate options are. (There have been
      people who knew this stuff all along, but they weren't
      talking. Some learned to keep their mouths shut the
      hard way!)

      > Founded in 1987, the ECFR is the world's leading
      > institution of
      > evangelical physics, a branch of physics based on
      > literal interpretation
      > of the Bible.<<

      I have never heard of it, but I will predict THIS
      based on this one example you have shown us: THEY WILL
      GET NOWHERE.

      This thing has been tried before- CREATION RESEARCH
      INSTITUTE- debunkers of the Evolutionary Theory.
      They have some good points, but are stuck in a
      dead-end. Jesus himself said, to the effect that it is
      ridiculous to start to build a tower, then run out of
      money before it is finished, creating a monument to
      your own stupidity.

      Christians have long substituted knowing what is right
      themselves with telling other people they are wrong.
      If an "Unbeliever" does not know that God created the
      World, what is the business of a Christian to crucify
      him for that? He himself DOES NOT KNOW that God
      created the World- he merely BELIEVES IT. If he were
      SERIOUS, he would then FIND OUT HOW God created the
      World. This has NEVER happned in Christianity, yet.
      (Excluding myself: for I DO know, now, thanks to
      Hubbard and Castaneda. However, none of their
      followers seem able to follow me when I explain it to
      them, nor do they seem to have much of a handle on it
      themselves. The two founders of Scientology and
      Tensegrity can be demonstrated not to have realized
      what they really had, but put it to the most
      ridiculous use. Like inventing the diesel engine, and
      using it for a door stop.)

      > According to the ECFR paper published simultaneously
      > this week in the
      > International Journal Of Science and the adolescent
      > magazine God's Word
      > For Teens!, there are many phenomena that cannot be
      > explained by secular
      > gravity alone, including such mysteries as how
      > angels fly, how Jesus
      > ascended into Heaven, and how Satan fell when cast
      > out of Paradise.<<

      The Bible originally said that Satan originated on
      Earth. This is consistent with certain phenomena that
      prove a basis to the "Fall of Man" story. No one I
      ever heard of has ever come up with SATAN'S REAL
      MOTIVE.
      WHY would an "ANGELIC BEING," possessed of superHuman
      wisdom OPPOSE GOD HIS CREATOR? What is IN it for him?
      WHY couldn't he FORSEE what would happen to him?

      But if you DISCOUNT the fragmentary hints of the
      DISCREDITED JEWISH "PROPHETS" (Isaiah and Ezekiel) and
      an EARTH-CREATED ANIMAL, The "Serpent" has a VESTED
      INTEREST in STEALING MAN'S DIVINE-CLASS ENERGY that
      would enable him to Operate and Exist in the seven
      Higher Universes called "Heaven."
      Everything falls into place, then.

      It can be proven that this "Fall of Man" Op is STILL
      GOING ON. EVERYONE experiences this. "Sin" largely
      consists of UNTHINKING ACTIONS that will permit the
      "Devil" species to steal our constantly regenerating
      life force, until only about 1% of it is left.
      This is why Human life is so fragile.
      This is why our offspring are apparently born
      helpless.
      It is NOT natural.

      > The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian
      > Coalition and other
      > Christian conservative action groups, is calling for
      > public-school
      > curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent
      > Falling theory. They
      > insist they are not asking that the theory of
      > gravity be banned from
      > schools, but only that students be offered both
      > sides of the issue "so
      > they can make an informed decision."
      >
      > "We just want the best possible education for
      > Kansas' kids," Burdett said.
      >
      > Proponents of Intelligent Falling assert that the
      > different theories
      > used by secular physicists to explain gravity are
      > not internally
      > consistent. Even critics of Intelligent Falling
      > admit that Einstein's
      > ideas about gravity are mathematically
      > irreconcilable with quantum
      > mechanics. This fact, Intelligent Falling proponents
      > say, proves that
      > gravity is a theory in crisis.
      >
      > "Let's take a look at the evidence," said ECFR
      > senior fellow Gregory
      > Lunsden."In Matthew 15:14, Jesus says, 'And if the
      > blind lead the blind,
      > both shall fall into the ditch.' He says nothing
      > about some gravity
      > making them fall—just that they will fall. Then, in
      > Job 5:7, we read,
      > 'But mankind is born to trouble, as surely as sparks
      > fly upwards.' If
      > gravity is pulling everything down, why do the
      > sparks fly upwards with
      > great surety? This clearly indicates that a
      > conscious intelligence
      > governs all falling."
      >
      > Critics of Intelligent Falling point out that
      > gravity is a provable law
      > based on empirical observations of natural
      > phenomena. Evangelical
      > physicists, however, insist that there is no
      > conflict
      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        You do realise that the Onion (which published the Intelligent falling
        article) is satire?

        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, Olatunde Aroloye