EVERYONE IS CRAZY BUT YOU AND ME AND SOMETIMES I'M NOT SURE OF THEE

  • newtonjoseph1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2005
      EVERYONE IS CRAZY BUT YOU AND ME AND SOMETIMES I'M NOT SURE OF THEE
      By New 10.
      Folie a deux (Insanity). The French distinguished mental
      alienation from insanity (folie), considering the former in a
      generic sense, while they used folie to denote a psychiatric
      condition acquired by a person who had previously been in good
      mental health.
      Folie a deux (double insanity). Folie a deux has been known
      by number names: communicated insanity, induced insanity, double
      insanity. Suggestibility plays a part, among other factors, in the
      genesis of folie a deux…when two persons closely associated with
      one another suffer a psychosis simultaneously, and when one member
      of the pair appears to have influenced the other. The condition is
      not confined to two persons, and can involve three or even more.
      Certainly the witch hunts of the 17th Century is a prime example, as
      were the inquisition and the crusades. The communist hunts, heavens
      gate, the popularity of the KKK in the 1930s, and Hitler's Germany
      are all good examples of communicated insanity. We all (at least
      those who are as old as I am) witnessed the rise of the Nazi party
      that started as a small band of misfits in the 1920s. This was
      during the time when Germany's economy was in shambles – when it
      took a million Marks to buy a loaf of bread. I am sure Hitler
      exploited this time to make promises to the German people.
      Since the 1950s, Luce, the publisher of Time magazine, told
      his editor to "PUFF" a minor preacher by the name of Billy Graham.
      This was the beginning of a new wave of insanity culminating in our
      present day folie a deux called "Christian Fundamentalism",
      (Evangelical) one of the fastest growing religions in the world. In
      addition, as you can see, our president, George Bush, is infecting
      America with a new rash of insanity. Only historians in the future
      will be able to look back at this period in American history to
      assess the damage. They may find that this religion has caused a new
      DARK AGE. There never will be a Democratic Party again in America as
      long as religious fanatics have control of the Republican Party and
      the U.S. government. Americans are slowly slipping into the
      psychosis of fascist Christian fundamentalism, America will NEVER
      recover from this mind set.
      www.atheistfellowship.com