Re: Two Kinds of Atheist

  • tarrat47
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 7, 2005
      There is no god, no heaven, no satan, no redemption, no hell. It is
      all a fairy tale. Santa Claus. Big daddy in the sky. It's all a
      sad joke.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Clauisdeathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "bjornonthewrongsideofthetrack
      s" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:

      > I suspect there are two main kinds of Atheist.
      >
      > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind of
      > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
      > Usually these kinds of atheist GET RELIGION in old age after their
      > hedonistic drives run out of steam.
      >
      > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow
      all
      > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
      > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
      > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they
      are
      > often attracted to politics. To this group I would say take a look
      at
      > the UNIVERSAL FASCIST PARTY:

      > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
    • darsoclass
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "tarrat47" <tarrat47@y...>
        wrote:

        > There is no god, no heaven, no satan, no redemption, no hell. It
        is
        > all a fairy tale. Santa Claus. Big daddy in the sky. It's all a
        > sad joke.
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        > Tarrat,

        Yes, that is what makes us atheists. There are no ghosts, there is
        no absolute knowledge—only a more or less accurate understanding of
        ourselves and our universe, and there is no "purpose" because
        no "Being" uses us to serve its own ends. Also, there is no "evil"
        even though there are many people who cause trouble to their fellow
        man. There is nothing "sacred," although we value somethings much
        more than others. The word "holy" and "sin" have no meaning and we
        do not worship anything even though there is much, such as science,
        which we respect.

        I suspect you are just getting used to this new idea, atheism.
        Congratulations. You are bucking the trend back to religion,
        religious reaction. Why not give a look at my webpage at
        http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com where we find a way to unite and
        eventually reverse the old religion trend? This is where you learn
        to think atheism without using words their way. We have shaped our
        world view to a non-spirit science thinking and it brings us
        together, united. We have big plans and invite you to give our
        website a slow, careful examination from end to end. Please do so,
        think and then e-mail me what you think! Its all free for the Cause
        and you are invited.

        Darsoclass

        However,

        Clauisdeathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "bjornonthewrongsideofthetrack
        > s" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:
        >
        > > I suspect there are two main kinds of Atheist.
        > >
        > > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind
        of
        > > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
        > > Usually these kinds of atheist GET RELIGION in old age after
        their
        > > hedonistic drives run out of steam.
        > >
        > > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow
        > all
        > > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
        > > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
        > > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they
        > are
        > > often attracted to politics. To this group I would say take a
        look
        > at
        > > the UNIVERSAL FASCIST PARTY:

        > > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
      • Cut You Up In Pieces
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
          Wrong!

          There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA laws.
          That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in through
          the back door, and it won't fly here.
          The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many others,
          we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.

          --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass" <darsoclass@y...>
          wrote:
          >We do need to be realistic about
          > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
          > whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
          > fools to the enemy.
        • Tammy Day
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
            Right, Cut - the Constitution specifically leaves out any mention of
            god/gods on purpose - the "founding fathers" were considered atheists
            by the fundamentalists of the day for it, too, btw.

            BTW - what enemy would that be?

            T.
            http://thebeekeepersapprentice.com
            On Jul 12, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Cut You Up In Pieces wrote:

            > Wrong!
            >
            > There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA laws.
            > That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in through
            > the back door, and it won't fly here.
            > The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many
            > others,
            > we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.
            >

            > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass" <darsoclass@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >We do need to be realistic about
            > > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
            > > whole legal system.  If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
            > > fools to the enemy.

            > Atheism
            > Religion
            > Beliefs
            > Beyond belief
            > Mormon beliefs
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > ▪  Visit your group "deathtoreligion" on the web.

            > Service.

          • tarrat47
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 19, 2005
              The hard-core, conservative religious freaks are obsessed with
              reversing Roe vs. Wade, replacing teaching evolution in schools
              ENTIRELY with teaching "creationism," requiring christian prayer in
              ALL schools, installing theior members on all school boards top
              ensure their christian ways always get pushed. Hard-care xian
              religious fanatics ARE INDEED VERY MUCH AT WORK trying to change
              this country that EVERYONE must obey the stupid xian ways. We MUST
              FIGHT AND RESIST the xians. The People for the American Way is
              leading the fight.
              - In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Cut You Up In Pieces"
              <slambango@y...> wrote:

              > Wrong!
              >
              > There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA
              laws.
              > That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in
              through
              > the back door, and it won't fly here.
              > The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many
              others,
              > we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.
              >

              > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass"
              <darsoclass@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >We do need to be realistic about
              > > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of
              our
              > > whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like
              ammoral
              > > fools to the enemy.
            • rj sundseth
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 24, 2005
                I do fundraising for democratic campaigns. One of which (although bipartisan, even though most republicans hate their guts) is the P.F.T.A.W. I know how bad this is; I am doing my part...
                R.J.