God doesn’t need this legal protectio n

  • n1n31nchn3rd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2005
      It's surely time for Christians to call for the banning of a controversial international
      best-selling book which is full of tales of violence, rape, polygamy, ethnic cleansing, scheming
      ambition, adultery, and foul murder. The book's main hero, who doesn't make his appearance till
      late on in the drama, undermines the traditional idea of the family. Such is the book's
      reputation that there is no need even to read it before taking to the streets in protest. The
      name of the seditious tome is the Holy Bible.

      more: http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/31397.html
    • darsoclass
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
        You might be surprised to learn that the Kansas City Star on January
        16th printed a political cartoon on the editorial page on just that
        subject! It shows a man on a stage haranging a crowd on students
        being encouraged to read a book on sex, murder, torture,
        homosexuality, etc. and behind him is a cleric with a Bible tapping
        his shoulder! The artist is "Judge" and the e-mail appears to be
        Judge@...

        darsoclass

        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, n1n31nchn3rd

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24 1:09 PM
          Nine31,

          There is much more. There are references to multiple gods, to a
          Mother Goddess, to Abraham pimping for his wife (and growing rich
          doing so!), and to God lying. The so-called Christian Ethic actually
          consists of 160 some odd dos and don'ts about measuring, archaic
          ritual techniques and tribal traditions. The only thing of worth,
          is the Decalogue with its tend commandments, yet 3 of them are
          wasted on how to treat "God", an imaginary being that does not exist!

          In my website at http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com The whole
          history, nature and development of Christianity---as well as all the
          other archaic and even modern faiths are examined objectively like
          this. This is a good background for people who deplore the progress
          of religious reaction here---such as with the Bush Administration.
          It is a way for us to see the world atheistically as it really is
          without using religious words (evil, "Truth", etc.) in their way.

          Give us a look. You are invited, but read carefully because the
          site has a lot of information (and no advertising!) which you miss
          if you speed read. If you understand it all, use the e-mail and let
          me know what you think. It is all totally free.