Re: Two Kinds of Atheist

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 12, 2005
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
      "bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:
      > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind of
      > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).

      I don't see how religion puts a constraint on that. There are surely
      a lot of christian homosexuals, druggies, sluts, etc.

      Besides, even if christinsanity doesn't allow it there are others
      religions that one can convert to that will allow it. I don't see why
      anyone would become an atheist just for that reason.

      > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow all
      > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
      > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
      > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they are
      > often attracted to politics.

      Many of us are more interested in truth then in something to believe
      in. Could that be why so many atheists are in science?

      > To this group I would say take a look at the UNIVERSAL FASCIST
      > PARTY:

      > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html

      No. We are not going to follow in the footsteps of that good
      Christian named Hitler.
    • darsoclass
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 13, 2005
        I'm a new member.

        I noticed followingup on this thread! One complained about the
        fascist post as if he had no right to post it. Another says there is
        only one kind of atheist! I hope not!!! Yet another, below, cannot
        recognize any connection between religion and morality! He may not
        recognize it, but whatever the connection, people have been turning
        back to the religion because they fear moral collapse. It is
        called "Religious Reaction" and it is now being led by our "born-
        again" Crusading President, G. Bush. We do need to be realistic about
        the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
        whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
        fools to the enemy. What we need to concentrate on is a new and
        better moral system if we want to effectively compete with the
        Charismatics, evangelicals, Penticostals and So.Baptists. Also, if
        we want to move in another direction other than their WMD loaded "THe
        End Times", we had better set important goals like colonizing outer
        space and protecting our envioronment here on Earth.
        If all this makes sense to some of you, how about taking a look at:
        http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

        Darsoclass

        By the way! It seems to me that when we get a post in this club that
        promotes fascism, that we would be able to give a better response!
        Did anyone check it our to see if it is racist?

        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:

        > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
        > "bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:
        > > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind
        of
        > > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
        >
        > I don't see how religion puts a constraint on that. There are
        surely
        > a lot of christian homosexuals, druggies, sluts, etc.
        >
        > Besides, even if christinsanity doesn't allow it there are others
        > religions that one can convert to that will allow it. I don't see
        why
        > anyone would become an atheist just for that reason.
        >
        > > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow
        all
        > > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
        > > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
        > > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they
        are
        > > often attracted to politics.
        >
        > Many of us are more interested in truth then in something to believe
        > in. Could that be why so many atheists are in science?
        >
        > > To this group I would say take a look at the UNIVERSAL FASCIST
        > > PARTY:

        > > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
        >
        > No. We are not going to follow in the footsteps of that good
        > Christian named Hitler.
      • tarrat47
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 7, 2005
          There is no god, no heaven, no satan, no redemption, no hell. It is
          all a fairy tale. Santa Claus. Big daddy in the sky. It's all a
          sad joke.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Clauisdeathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "bjornonthewrongsideofthetrack

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
            --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "tarrat47" <tarrat47@y...>
            wrote:

            > There is no god, no heaven, no satan, no redemption, no hell. It
            is
            > all a fairy tale. Santa Claus. Big daddy in the sky. It's all a
            > sad joke.
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            > Tarrat,

            Yes, that is what makes us atheists. There are no ghosts, there is
            no absolute knowledge—only a more or less accurate understanding of
            ourselves and our universe, and there is no "purpose" because
            no "Being" uses us to serve its own ends. Also, there is no "evil"
            even though there are many people who cause trouble to their fellow
            man. There is nothing "sacred," although we value somethings much
            more than others. The word "holy" and "sin" have no meaning and we
            do not worship anything even though there is much, such as science,
            which we respect.

            I suspect you are just getting used to this new idea, atheism.
            Congratulations. You are bucking the trend back to religion,
            religious reaction. Why not give a look at my webpage at
            http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com where we find a way to unite and
            eventually reverse the old religion trend? This is where you learn
            to think atheism without using words their way. We have shaped our
            world view to a non-spirit science thinking and it brings us
            together, united. We have big plans and invite you to give our
            website a slow, careful examination from end to end. Please do so,
            think and then e-mail me what you think! Its all free for the Cause
            and you are invited.

            Darsoclass

            However,

            Clauisdeathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "bjornonthewrongsideofthetrack
            > s" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:
            >
            > > I suspect there are two main kinds of Atheist.
            > >
            > > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind
            of
            > > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
            > > Usually these kinds of atheist GET RELIGION in old age after
            their
            > > hedonistic drives run out of steam.
            > >
            > > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow
            > all
            > > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
            > > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
            > > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they
            > are
            > > often attracted to politics. To this group I would say take a
            look
            > at
            > > the UNIVERSAL FASCIST PARTY:

            > > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
          • Cut You Up In Pieces
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
              Wrong!

              There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA laws.
              That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in through
              the back door, and it won't fly here.
              The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many others,
              we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.

              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass" <darsoclass@y...>
              wrote:
              >We do need to be realistic about
              > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
              > whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
              > fools to the enemy.
            • Tammy Day
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
                Right, Cut - the Constitution specifically leaves out any mention of
                god/gods on purpose - the "founding fathers" were considered atheists
                by the fundamentalists of the day for it, too, btw.

                BTW - what enemy would that be?

                T.
                http://thebeekeepersapprentice.com
                On Jul 12, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Cut You Up In Pieces wrote:

                > Wrong!
                >
                > There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA laws.
                > That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in through
                > the back door, and it won't fly here.
                > The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many
                > others,
                > we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.
                >

                > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass" <darsoclass@y...>
                > wrote:
                > >We do need to be realistic about
                > > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
                > > whole legal system.  If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
                > > fools to the enemy.

                > Atheism
                > Religion
                > Beliefs
                > Beyond belief
                > Mormon beliefs
                >
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >
                > ▪  Visit your group "deathtoreligion" on the web.

                > Service.

              • tarrat47
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 19, 2005
                  The hard-core, conservative religious freaks are obsessed with
                  reversing Roe vs. Wade, replacing teaching evolution in schools
                  ENTIRELY with teaching "creationism," requiring christian prayer in
                  ALL schools, installing theior members on all school boards top
                  ensure their christian ways always get pushed. Hard-care xian
                  religious fanatics ARE INDEED VERY MUCH AT WORK trying to change
                  this country that EVERYONE must obey the stupid xian ways. We MUST
                  FIGHT AND RESIST the xians. The People for the American Way is
                  leading the fight.
                  - In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Cut You Up In Pieces"
                  <slambango@y...> wrote:

                  > Wrong!
                  >
                  > There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA
                  laws.
                  > That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in
                  through
                  > the back door, and it won't fly here.
                  > The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many
                  others,
                  > we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.
                  >

                  > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass"
                  <darsoclass@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >We do need to be realistic about
                  > > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of
                  our
                  > > whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like
                  ammoral
                  > > fools to the enemy.
                • rj sundseth
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 24, 2005
                    I do fundraising for democratic campaigns. One of which (although bipartisan, even though most republicans hate their guts) is the P.F.T.A.W. I know how bad this is; I am doing my part...
                    R.J.