Two Kinds of Atheist

  • bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2005
      I suspect there are two main kinds of Atheist.

      1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind of
      constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
      Usually these kinds of atheist GET RELIGION in old age after their
      hedonistic drives run out of steam.

      2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow all
      that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
      religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
      truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they are
      often attracted to politics. To this group I would say take a look at
      the UNIVERSAL FASCIST PARTY:

      http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
    • Cut You Up In Pieces
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 11, 2005
        No, sorry, you're so full of crap, you should be using brown font.

        There is ONE KIND of atheist: the kind that does not believe in god
        (s).

        --- In
        deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks"
        <niloc6767@a...> wrote:

        > I suspect there are two main kinds of Atheist.
        >
        > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind of
        > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
        > Usually these kinds of atheist GET RELIGION in old age after their
        > hedonistic drives run out of steam.
        >
        > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow all
        > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
        > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
        > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they are
        > often attracted to politics. To this group I would say take a look
        at
        > the UNIVERSAL FASCIST PARTY:

        > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
      • n1n31nchn3rd
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 11, 2005
          bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks wrote:
          > I suspect there are two main kinds of Atheist.
          > To this group I would say take a look at
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SHAMELESS_PROMOTION

          Hm. You didn't respond in the other group and I doubt you have anything else to say here as
          well. Just keep plugging your group that know damn well no matter how tantilizing you attempt to
          describe fascism, it is what it is.
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 12, 2005
            --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
            "bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:
            > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind of
            > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).

            I don't see how religion puts a constraint on that. There are surely
            a lot of christian homosexuals, druggies, sluts, etc.

            Besides, even if christinsanity doesn't allow it there are others
            religions that one can convert to that will allow it. I don't see why
            anyone would become an atheist just for that reason.

            > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow all
            > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
            > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
            > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they are
            > often attracted to politics.

            Many of us are more interested in truth then in something to believe
            in. Could that be why so many atheists are in science?

            > To this group I would say take a look at the UNIVERSAL FASCIST
            > PARTY:

            > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html

            No. We are not going to follow in the footsteps of that good
            Christian named Hitler.
          • darsoclass
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 13, 2005
              I'm a new member.

              I noticed followingup on this thread! One complained about the
              fascist post as if he had no right to post it. Another says there is
              only one kind of atheist! I hope not!!! Yet another, below, cannot
              recognize any connection between religion and morality! He may not
              recognize it, but whatever the connection, people have been turning
              back to the religion because they fear moral collapse. It is
              called "Religious Reaction" and it is now being led by our "born-
              again" Crusading President, G. Bush. We do need to be realistic about
              the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
              whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
              fools to the enemy. What we need to concentrate on is a new and
              better moral system if we want to effectively compete with the
              Charismatics, evangelicals, Penticostals and So.Baptists. Also, if
              we want to move in another direction other than their WMD loaded "THe
              End Times", we had better set important goals like colonizing outer
              space and protecting our envioronment here on Earth.
              If all this makes sense to some of you, how about taking a look at:
              http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

              Darsoclass

              By the way! It seems to me that when we get a post in this club that
              promotes fascism, that we would be able to give a better response!
              Did anyone check it our to see if it is racist?

              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:

              > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
              > "bjornonthewrongsideofthetracks" <niloc6767@a...> wrote:
              > > 1) Those who reject religion because they feel it puts some kind
              of
              > > constraint on their hedonistic urges (drugs, sex, sodomy, etc.).
              >
              > I don't see how religion puts a constraint on that. There are
              surely
              > a lot of christian homosexuals, druggies, sluts, etc.
              >
              > Besides, even if christinsanity doesn't allow it there are others
              > religions that one can convert to that will allow it. I don't see
              why
              > anyone would become an atheist just for that reason.
              >
              > > 2) Those who want to believe in something but just can't swallow
              all
              > > that anachronistic bullshit. These type of Atheists NEVER get
              > > religious because their main characteristic is uncompromising
              > > truthfulness. Usually, they want something to believe in so they
              are
              > > often attracted to politics.
              >
              > Many of us are more interested in truth then in something to believe
              > in. Could that be why so many atheists are in science?
              >
              > > To this group I would say take a look at the UNIVERSAL FASCIST
              > > PARTY:

              > > http://uk.geocities.com/universal_fascist_party/fasces.html
              >
              > No. We are not going to follow in the footsteps of that good
              > Christian named Hitler.
            • tarrat47
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7 5:37 PM
                There is no god, no heaven, no satan, no redemption, no hell. It is
                all a fairy tale. Santa Claus. Big daddy in the sky. It's all a
                sad joke.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Clauisdeathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "bjornonthewrongsideofthetrack

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 24, 2005
                  --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "tarrat47" <tarrat47@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > There is no god, no heaven, no satan, no redemption, no hell. It
                  is
                  > all a fairy tale. Santa Claus. Big daddy in the sky. It's all a
                  > sad joke.
                  > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  > Tarrat,

                  Yes, that is what makes us atheists. There are no ghosts, there is
                  no absolute knowledge—only a more or less accurate understanding of
                  ourselves and our universe, and there is no "purpose" because
                  no "Being" uses us to serve its own ends. Also, there is no "evil"
                  even though there are many people who cause trouble to their fellow
                  man. There is nothing "sacred," although we value somethings much
                  more than others. The word "holy" and "sin" have no meaning and we
                  do not worship anything even though there is much, such as science,
                  which we respect.

                  I suspect you are just getting used to this new idea, atheism.
                  Congratulations. You are bucking the trend back to religion,
                  religious reaction. Why not give a look at my webpage at
                  http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com where we find a way to unite and
                  eventually reverse the old religion trend? This is where you learn
                  to think atheism without using words their way. We have shaped our
                  world view to a non-spirit science thinking and it brings us
                  together, united. We have big plans and invite you to give our
                  website a slow, careful examination from end to end. Please do so,
                  think and then e-mail me what you think! Its all free for the Cause
                  and you are invited.

                  Darsoclass

                  However,

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
                    Wrong!

                    There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA laws.
                    That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in through
                    the back door, and it won't fly here.
                    The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many others,
                    we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.

                    --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass" <darsoclass@y...>
                    wrote:
                    >We do need to be realistic about
                    > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
                    > whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
                    > fools to the enemy.
                  • Tammy Day
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 12, 2005
                      Right, Cut - the Constitution specifically leaves out any mention of
                      god/gods on purpose - the "founding fathers" were considered atheists
                      by the fundamentalists of the day for it, too, btw.

                      BTW - what enemy would that be?

                      T.
                      http://thebeekeepersapprentice.com
                      On Jul 12, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Cut You Up In Pieces wrote:

                      > Wrong!
                      >
                      > There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA laws.
                      > That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in through
                      > the back door, and it won't fly here.
                      > The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many
                      > others,
                      > we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.
                      >

                      > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass" <darsoclass@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >We do need to be realistic about
                      > > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of our
                      > > whole legal system.  If we pretend different, we look like ammoral
                      > > fools to the enemy.

                      > Atheism
                      > Religion
                      > Beliefs
                      > Beyond belief
                      > Mormon beliefs
                      >
                      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      >
                      > ▪  Visit your group "deathtoreligion" on the web.

                      > Service.

                    • tarrat47
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 19, 2005
                        The hard-core, conservative religious freaks are obsessed with
                        reversing Roe vs. Wade, replacing teaching evolution in schools
                        ENTIRELY with teaching "creationism," requiring christian prayer in
                        ALL schools, installing theior members on all school boards top
                        ensure their christian ways always get pushed. Hard-care xian
                        religious fanatics ARE INDEED VERY MUCH AT WORK trying to change
                        this country that EVERYONE must obey the stupid xian ways. We MUST
                        FIGHT AND RESIST the xians. The People for the American Way is
                        leading the fight.
                        - In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Cut You Up In Pieces"
                        <slambango@y...> wrote:

                        > Wrong!
                        >
                        > There is no part of christianity that is legislated in the USA
                        laws.
                        > That's a right-wing slant designed to sneak their religion in
                        through
                        > the back door, and it won't fly here.
                        > The USA isn't some eutopia, our country is screwed up like many
                        others,
                        > we're just the richest. Rich doesn't mean right.
                        >

                        > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "darsoclass"
                        <darsoclass@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >We do need to be realistic about
                        > > the threat! The so-called "Christian Ethic" is the foundation of
                        our
                        > > whole legal system. If we pretend different, we look like
                        ammoral
                        > > fools to the enemy.
                      • rj sundseth
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 24, 2005
                          I do fundraising for democratic campaigns. One of which (although bipartisan, even though most republicans hate their guts) is the P.F.T.A.W. I know how bad this is; I am doing my part...
                          R.J.