Re: Quote searchin

  • satanslittlejedi
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 6, 2004
      A few of my all-time favorites:

      God created man in his own image and man, being a gentleman, returned
      the favor.
      --Mark Twain (who has a lot of other really good ones too)

      Which is it, is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's?
      -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

      We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful
      God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own
      mistakes. -Gene Roddenberry

      And how could I omit George Carlin's Bovine Feces trilogy?
      http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2003_09_12_archive.php
      Not extremely intellectual, but pretty damn funny.
      The rest of that website is good too; lots of links.

      Hope this is helpful.
      Slap a dead person,
      SLJ

      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Stacy L. Mason"
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 6, 2004
        <corvis_9@y...> wrote:
        > I'm looking for brief sly quotes of an intellectual and or atheistic
        > nature. Any web sites with potentials would also be helpful.

        Can't people use google?
      • Stacy L. Mason
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 7, 2004
          --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Stacy L. Mason"
          > <corvis_9@y...> wrote:
          > > I'm looking for brief sly quotes of an intellectual and or
          atheistic
          > > nature. Any web sites with potentials would also be helpful.
          >
          > Can't people use google?

          Google involves a great deal of sifting through crap, a persons
          active intelligence is more useful than consorting with a mindless
          automaton. My googling has turned up little of potential use. Our
          online fellows have been more helpful.
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
            <corvis_9@y...> wrote:
            > Google involves a great deal of sifting through crap, a persons
            > active intelligence is more useful than consorting with a mindless
            > automaton. My googling has turned up little of potential use. Our
            > online fellows have been more helpful.

            I typed atheist quotes into google and got quite a few sites I know to
            be good ones out of it and even the top rated ones I didn't know about
            look to be rather good. Google tends to give pretty good results if
            they are good sites out there and you're careful in selecting search
            terms.
          • devas666
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
              But Best, it is so much easier to post it on here than to look for
              yourself. Doing the searching yourself is for losers. Fucking lazy
              atheists.

              ...looking for a savior in these dirty streets...
              devas

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > But Best, it is so much easier to post it on here than to look for
                > yourself. Doing the searching yourself is for losers. Fucking lazy
                > atheists.

                Actually it probably takes less effort to run a google search using
                two keywords than it does to come in here and ask for them.
              • devas666
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                  But that would take all the fun out of bothering you.

                  ...didn't help my brain out...
                  devas

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                    I love Carlin's work. It's nice to see someone who isn't afraid to
                    piss off the religiots. Wish I could afford to, money and celebrity
                    are the best insulators, someone should clue in the people at
                    Corning. Probably not as itchy as fiberglass.
                  • Stacy L. Mason
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                      The clubs posting was after an interesting but less than fruitful bit
                      of net-searchary. The clubs aren't superbly active, exept for a the
                      few inevitable bored wise asses. The posts were intended to augment
                      not to replace my own efforts. The posts garnered two to five replies
                      per club, three web adresses, most of which I've seen, one I stumbled
                      across once and hadn't managed to find again on my own. Most of the
                      replies were at least entertaining even of they weren't quite what I
                      was looking for.
                    • devas666
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                        Well then.

                        <corvis_9@y...> wrote:
                        > The clubs posting was after an interesting but less than fruitful
                        bit
                        > of net-searchary. The clubs aren't superbly active, exept for a
                        the
                        > few inevitable bored wise asses. The posts were intended to
                        augment
                        > not to replace my own efforts. The posts garnered two to five
                        replies
                        > per club, three web adresses, most of which I've seen, one I
                        stumbled
                        > across once and hadn't managed to find again on my own. Most of
                        the
                        > replies were at least entertaining even of they weren't quite what
                        > was looking for.
                      • Stacy L. Mason
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 10, 2004
                          Sorry 'bout the wise ass remark. I've looked over the messages from
                          this club and while two people seem to take up roughly two thirds of
                          the posts, the responses to the theo-spammers have been intelligent
                          and well spoken in a 'tired of suffering fools gladly' sort of way.
                        • devas666
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 10, 2004
                            Never be sorry for wise ass comments.

                            ...with your very own devoted satelite...
                            devas