What is Islam?

  • hhislam5
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2003
      WHAT IS ISLAM?

      Can we find an explanation of the great universe? Is there any
      convincing interpretation of the secret of existence? We realize
      that no family can function properly without a responsible head,
      that no city can prosperously exist without sound administration,
      and that no state can survive without a leader of some kind. We also
      realize that nothing comes into being on its own. Moreover, we
      observe that the universe exists and functions in the most orderly
      manner, and that it has survived for hundreds of thousand of years.
      Can we then say that all this is accidental and haphazard? Can we
      attribute the existence of man and the whole world to mere chance.

      Man represents only a very small portion of the great universe. And
      if he can make plans and appreciate the merits of planning, then his
      own existence and the survival of the universe must also be a
      planned policy. This means that there is an extraordinary power to
      bring things into being and keep them moving in order.

      In the world then must be a great force in action to keep everything
      in order. In the beautiful nature there must be a Great creator who
      creates the most charming pieces of art produces every thing for a
      special purpose in life. The deeply enlightened people recognize
      this creator and call him Allah "God". He is not a man because no
      man can create or make another man. He is not an animal, nor he is a
      plant. He is neither an Idol nor is He a statue of any kind because
      non of these things can make itself or create anything else. He is
      different from all these things because he is the maker and keeper
      of them all. The maker of anything must be different from and
      greater than things which he makes.

      There are various ways to know God "ALLAH'' and there are many
      things to tell about him. The great wonders and impressive marvels
      of the world are like open books in which we can read about God.
      Besides, God Himself comes to our aid through the many Messengers
      and revelations He has sent down to man. These Messengers and
      revelations tell us everything we need to know about God.

      The complete acceptance of the teachings and guidance of God 'Allah'
      as revealed to His Messengers Muhammad is the religion of Islam.
      Islam enjoins faith in the oneness and sovereignty of Allah, which
      makes man aware of meaningfulness of the Universe and of his place
      in it. This belief frees him from all fears and superstitions by
      making him conscious of the presence of the Almighty Allah and of
      man's obligations towards Him. This faith must be expressed and
      tested in actions, faith alone is not enough. Belief in one God
      requires that we look upon all humanity as one family under the
      universal Omnipotence of God the Creator and Nourisher of all. Islam
      rejects the idea of chosen people, making belief in God and good
      actions the only way to heaven. Thus, a direct relationship in
      established with God, without any intercessor.

      Islam is not a new religion. It is, in essence, the same message and
      guidance which Allah revealed to all Prophets. Adam, Noah, Abraham,
      Ismael, David, Moses and Jesus (PBUT). But the message which was
      revealed to Prophet Mohammed (PBUT) is Islam in its comprehensive,
      complete and final form.

      The Quran is the last revealed word of Allah and the basic source of
      Islamic teachings and laws. The Quran deals with the basis of
      creeds, morality, history of humanity, worship, knowledge, wisdom,
      God-man relationship, and human relationship in all aspects.
      Comprehensive teaching on which, can be built sound systems of
      social justice, economics, politics, legislation, jurisprudence, law
      and international relations, are important contents of the Quran.
      Hadith, the teachings, sayings and actions of Prophet Mohammed
      (PBUT), meticulously reported and collected by his devoted
      companions. Explained and elaborated the Quranic verses.

      THE FUNDAMENTAL ARTICLES OF FAITH IN ISLAM

      The true faithful Muslim believes in the following Principal
      articles of faith:-

      He believes in One God 'Allah', Supreme and Eternal, Infinite and
      Mighty, Merciful and Compassionate, Creator and Provider.
      He believes in all Messengers of God without any discrimination
      among them. Every known nation had a warner or Messenger from God.
      They were chosen by God to teach mankind and deliver His divine
      message. The Quran mentions the name of twenty five of them. Among
      them Mohammad stands as the last Messenger and the crowning glory of
      the foundation of Prophethood.
      Muslin believes in all scriptures and revelations of God. They were
      the guiding light which the Messengers received to show their
      respected peoples the Right Path of God. In the Quran a special
      reference is made to the books of Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus.
      But long before the revelations has been lost or corrupted. The only
      authentic and complete book of God in existence in the Quran.
      The true Muslim believes in the Angels of Allah. They are purely
      spiritual and splendid beings whose nature requires on food, drink
      or sleep. They spend their days and nights in the worship of God.
      Muslim believes in the last Day of Judgement. This world will come
      to an end someday, and the dead will rise to stand for their final
      and fair trial. People with good records will be generously,
      rewarded and warmly welcomed to the Heaven of Allah, and those with
      bad records will be punished and cast into Hell.
      Muslim believes in the timeless knowledge of God and His power to
      plan and execute His planes and nothing could happen in His Kingdom
      against His will. His knowledge and power are in action at all times
      and command over His creation. He is wise and merciful, and whatever
      He does must have a meaningful purpose. If this is established in
      our mind and hearts, we should accept with good faith all that He
      does, although we may fail to under stand it fully, or think it is
      bad.
      THE FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM

      Faith without actions arid practice is a dead end, as far as Islam
      is concerned. Faith by nature is very sensitive and can be most
      effective. When it is not out of practice or out of use, it quickly
      loses its liveliness and motivation power.

      There are five pillars of Islam:

      The declaration of faith: To bear witness that there is none worthy
      of worship except Allah, and that Mohammad (PBUH) is His Messenger
      to all human beings till the Day of Judgment. The Prophethood of
      Mohammad obliges the Muslims to follow, His exemplary life as a
      model.
      Prayers: Daily, prayers are offered five times a day as a duty
      towards Allah. They strengthen and enliven the belief in Allah and
      inspire man to a higher morality. They purify the heart and prevent
      temptation towards wrong - doings and evil.
      Fasting the month of Ramadan. The Muslims during the month of
      Ramadan not only abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse
      from dawn to sunset but also sincerity and devotion. It develops a
      sound social conscience, patience, unselfishness and will - Power.
      Zakkah: The literal and simple meaning of Zakkah is purity. The
      technical meaning of this word designates the annual amount in kind
      or coin which a Muslim with means must distribute among the rightful
      beneficiaries. But the religious and spiritual significance of
      Zakkah is much deeper and more lively. So it has humanitarian and
      sociopolitical values.
      Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah): It is to be performed once in a
      lifetime, if one can afford it financially and physically.
    • devas666
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2003
        blah blah blah.

        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "hhislam5" <hhislam5@y...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2003
          wrote:
          > WHAT IS ISLAM?

          Woopy Fucking Doo. Noone who really matters cares about Islam...