Re: New file uploaded to deathtoreligion

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 5, 2003
      Probably a good idea to destroy that file...and kill the idiot that
      uploaded it (if only).

      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 6, 2003
        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Probably a good idea to destroy that file...and kill the idiot that
        > uploaded it (if only).
        >
        > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
        > deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > >
        > > [SNIP]

        most likely it was a bot that uploaded it, oh well. stupid add bots.
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 7, 2003
          --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, proleus <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Probably a good idea to destroy that file...and kill the idiot that
          > > uploaded it (if only).
          > >
          > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
          > > deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > > >
          > > > [SNIP]
          >
          > most likely it was a bot that uploaded it, oh well. stupid add bots.

          Well a huemon programmed the bot to attack this group so it was a
          huemon that uploaded it by telling to bot to attack us.
        • devas666
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 7, 2003
            It is gone and so is he.

            devas

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 8, 2003
              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > It is gone and so is he.

              Only from the group. Whoever posted it is probably still alive.
            • devas666
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 8, 2003
                I'm afeerd there's not much I can do about that, unfortunately.

                devas

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 9, 2003
                  --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > I'm afeerd there's not much I can do about that, unfortunately.

                  A pity. But at least it's gone from this group.
                • Megan E. B.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 9, 2003
                    I didn't see whatever it was that precipitated all of this, but I just
                    joined this group a few days ago in search of intelligent atheist
                    discussion in an all too religious world. I'm really disappointed that
                    these are the only messages I've seen so far.

                    Megan

                    --On Thursday, October 09, 2003 7:17 AM +0000 bestonnet_00

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 10, 2003
                      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Megan E. B." <meganeb@f...>
                      wrote:
                      > I didn't see whatever it was that precipitated all of this, but I
                      just
                      > joined this group a few days ago in search of intelligent atheist
                      > discussion in an all too religious world. I'm really disappointed
                      that
                      > these are the only messages I've seen so far.
                      >
                      > Megan

                      Thats what happens when you come to a dead group. If you had come
                      here about a year or two ago, you would not have been disappointed.
                      Its not that everyone left, its just that we have already said what
                      we wish to say. So don't expect any new disucssions from us less you
                      start them and make good points.
                    • Megan E. B.
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 10, 2003
                        Ok, that was pretty antagonistic and just unwelcoming. Must be nice to
                        already have said everything everyone wishes to say. I'm sure I couldn't
                        possibly make any points that you or anyone else would be capable of
                        considering to be good points.

                        Megan

                        --On Friday, October 10, 2003 2:50 PM +0000 proleus

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 10, 2003
                          Don't mind Pro, he's just a crabby bastard. If you have something
                          to say, then say it. As for those other messages, we got spammed,
                          we discussed said spam, I deleted said spam, etcetc.
                          Post what you wish, (but not links cuz then best will get all mad n
                          shit) and if someone finds it interesting then they will respond.
                          Pretty straight forward, really.

                          ...you got me moving in a circle...
                          devas

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 11, 2003
                            wrote:
                            > Ok, that was pretty antagonistic and just unwelcoming. Must be
                            nice to
                            > already have said everything everyone wishes to say. I'm sure I
                            couldn't
                            > possibly make any points that you or anyone else would be capable
                            of
                            > considering to be good points.
                            >
                            > Megan

                            I never said you couldn't. Infact, I was trying to flare you in which
                            case I suceeded. However, I just pointed out that I as well as many
                            others that are here have "matured" beyond the senseless attack stage
                            of athiesm and thus have nothing new to talk about. Less someone is
                            capable of starting up a worthwhile intellectual conversation, people
                            will not participate.

                            If I truly offended you I apologize, but keep in mind that I will not
                            sugar coat my opinion, not for anyone.
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 11, 2003
                              wrote:
                              > Don't mind Pro, he's just a crabby bastard.

                              Soooooo.
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 12, 2003
                                --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                > (but not links cuz then best will get all mad n shit)

                                I only get mad at links that are spam. If it's not spam I probably
                                won't care all that much. Just make sure to actually explain what it
                                is, keep the hype out and make sure it's actually related to the
                                subject of this group.

                                Just don't post anything advertising anything and please no ``the best
                                group ever'' content free hype posts.

                                Of course when the next idiot comes along and spams you're welcome to
                                plan its punishment with us.
                              • Lovejoe1
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 13, 2003
                                  Check out the archives.
                                  You'll find so many that you cant read all of them.

                                  You just came to a silent moment,
                                  a long breath between heavy discussions, bad luck.
                                  But just wait until next topic or create one yourself!

                                  Good days.
                                  Cem

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 13, 2003
                                    This is not true proleus!
                                    Time to time there are good and heavy discussions,
                                    just not every day.

                                    For example check last few weeks of archives:
                                    topics started with message nr 8636, 8652, 8661 ...
                                    You'll see that this is not a dead group,
                                    I don't know whether proleus were dead for a year but
                                    I have joined a year ago and still here!

                                    Cem

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 13, 2003
                                      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, Lovejoe1 <no_reply@y...>
                                      wrote:
                                      > This is not true proleus!
                                      > Time to time there are good and heavy discussions,
                                      > just not every day.
                                      >
                                      > For example check last few weeks of archives:
                                      > topics started with message nr 8636, 8652, 8661 ...
                                      > You'll see that this is not a dead group,
                                      > I don't know whether proleus were dead for a year but
                                      > I have joined a year ago and still here!
                                      >
                                      > Cem

                                      I have been here for 2-3 years, I can't remember. I do remember that
                                      when I did join this goup, it posted between 40-60 messages PER DAY!
                                      You would be lucky if there are 10 in a month now. The only thing
                                      that keeps this group going is the new blood that keeps comming in
                                      and starting things up. Everyone from back when is still here, they
                                      just don't make note anymore. And the only reason I am doing so now
                                      is because I have been bored as of late. Oh well...