Re: dear ravi, you are soooo wrong

  • Lovejoe1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2003
      Sorry for you dear Muslim as a woman.
      In Islam, women is kind of material, a body,
      a free-looking-slave for the man.
      She cannot kiss another man until she marry, as you said
      but could not see the abnormality behind
      (because you have lost your objectivity due to brain wash)
      Any human being can make love, any number, any type,
      before mariage, not only men! I know, you can't see the picture.
      Sorry for you.
      Women cannot vote in Islam. Her words are counted 1/2 in court,
      meaning 2 women words equal to 1 mans word.
      In heaven, teenager girls awaiting for men, but no
      boys for women (its from Quran)
      Terrific laws of Islam: If woman sleeps with a man
      other then her husband, she should be stoned to death
      by neighboors (regularly seen in countries which are
      ruled by Quran laws (Sariat) like Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi A. etc)
      But if man sleeps with a woman other than his wife(s)
      no problem, he can either divorce his other wife(s) just in
      3 words in front of 2 other men
      (no court or money required) or take other women as next wife!
      Whata wonderful world of Islam! B-)
      Actually this 4 woman marriage is not the rule in Quran,
      its the rule of Muhammed. And reason was not the one you explained.
      The reason why Muhammed allowed his fellowers to marry more then
      one but not more than 4 is this: At that time Muslims were
      engaging terrible wars against non-believers. They were
      taking cities and villages one by one, but at the same time
      they were given lots of men loses. Too many that many wifes
      and children were left without man and support.
      So he ordered his men; take the wifes and childs of your
      dead friends! Dont let them perish. I allow a man with
      enough wealth can take more than one wife...
      You should learn your religion... Read all Quran + history.
      (bloody history of Islam actually, not less or more
      blodier than Christian history!)
      There was NO women soldier in Muhammed's armies...
      Covering visible body parts of women was not from Quran,
      again idea of Muhammed.
      More laws of Islam:
      When her father dies a woman can't get equal share of what
      leaves the father, sons get higher shares.
      (those are all written in Quran, I do not remember the
      exact numbers and ratios)
      If I stay here longer, I can remember hundreds other
      things and write here from the Quran and Islam
      but not necessary, anybody today can get a copy of Quran
      in internet and check out all those funny looking
      but terrible laws and requirements of Islam...
      (Christians are not better, don't worry)

      At least there is democracy and modern humanitarian laws in
      most of todays Christian countries.
      But this is not true for almost all Islamic country
      (except maybe Turkey, Malasia and few others)

      Good days
      Cem

      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, " Safwa A.Salah El Dien"
      <safwa2@l...> wrote:
      > dear sir ravy
      > you have completly a very wrong ideaabout islam
      > i ama woman, a computer engineer, and i am 22 years old
      > i play sport hear music, and live my life completly with no least
      problems
      > for marrying 4 women , u are wrong in NOT EQUALLY TREATED
      > Quraan says, if you cannot equalize between even just 2 wives then
      marry only one
      > the idea of marring more than one incase he wife is sick, or
      anything makes the marraige just failing, instead of divorcing her in
      anycase she remains a wife and the man can marry another one
      > islam allowed a women to bea fighter in wars, a doctor a nurce, she
      can be a queen
      > can get high positions, islam respects the women's opinion and used
      her great emotionsin many field, for her cloth hetold her u don't
      have to be naked in front of all men to make them like you or hire u
      in a job, your body will be shown to your husband only
      > that's why islam protected the woman from being raped and other
      things u know
      > hw gave her the complete right to leave the man she is marrying
      incaseshe doesn't want to leave with him, even if the man was forcing
      her to , all she have to do is not asking for money she should take
      after divorce
      > so what rights didn't the woman take ravi,
      > from where did u get this information from ur media, or terrorists
      that takes islamfrom their own point of you and do many things make
      them out totally of islam........
      > http://www.islam-guide.com
      > http://islamonline.net/english/journey/index.shtml
      > http://www.what-is-islam.org
      > http://www.todayislam.com/yusuf.htm
      > these are sight about islam
      > go there please
      > please before judging anything read about it from trusted sources
      not from sources that deface picture of islam..

      > ---
      > your scincerly
      >
      > safwa

      Service.

    • Maurice Temples
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2003
        Safwa,

        It's sad that nothing I am going to say to you will
        make any difference in your thoughts. I have known
        many, many women like you -- women born and raised in
        a culture of subjugation, who don't know anything
        else. They think their treatment is not just the way
        things are, but worse, that it's the way it should be,
        that it's right. It's similar to the Stockholm
        Syndrome in which the captive begins to sympathize,
        and even defend and justify the actions of her
        captors. But I won't be able to make you understand
        that: those who haven't seen the ocean don't know the
        sound of the waves.

        Just listen to you:

        if you cannot equalize between even
        > just 2 wives then marry only one
        > the idea of marring more than one incase he wife is
        > sick, or anything makes the marraige just failing,
        > instead of divorcing her in anycase she remains a
        > wife and the man can marry another one

        If the *man* can't equalize????? What of the woman?
        Abrahamic religions preach that the woman is not the
        equal of the man; that she is inferior to him. You
        were raised in such a religion, and therefore you
        think it's right. But it is not. A marriage is a
        partnership between equals. Men and women, if not
        equal in their bodies, are equal in their hearts and
        minds. Men are no better than women; and women no
        better than men. Why is the man granted the right to
        multiply his devotion by dividing it among two or more
        women, but the woman is not granted the same right?
        Is because she can't lift 150 kilos? Does that make
        her heart less than a man's?

        If one wife becomes sick, the man can seek a second?
        How is that "equalizing" between the two wives? A
        marriage is a life bond between hearts and minds,
        between more than just friends, between soulmates. It
        is not a matter of convenience for one partner or the
        other. If the man gets sick, can the woman seek a
        second husband without having to divorce her first
        one? Men are the heart of marriage and of
        civilization; but women -- women are the soul of it.
        You have been taught that the soul is inferior to the
        heart.

        > hw gave her the complete right to leave the man she
        > is marrying incaseshe doesn't want to leave with
        > him, even if the man was forcing her to , all she
        > have to do is not asking for money she should take
        > after divorce

        Which is to say that her half of the partnership had
        no value and his half had all the value. If the
        woman's part has no value, what could entice a man to
        take it on? It devalues the woman to nothing more
        than a beggar -- "Please sir, marry me even though I
        am worthless. If I leave, my leaving will be of no
        consequence, and I will depart as worthless as I came.
        Only in my marriage to you will I have value."
        Surely even you can't believe that nonsense. You have
        value, your life has value. Divorce devalues both
        partners equally; it works an equal hardship on both.
        Both deserve to retain what value they can from a
        dissolving marriage.

        I know all this will make no difference to you -- you
        don't know the sound of the waves. You believe the
        order of these things is right. Sadly, you are wrong,
        but at least I tried to get through to you. If you,
        as a religious person are here on an atheist list, it
        can only be for two reasons: either you are
        questioning you beliefs or you are seeking to convert
        the infidels. I can only hope you are questioning
        your beliefs; the other reason is as hopeless as
        coaxing birds not to fly.

        Maurice

        ps: look up a sight called Islam Unveiled by people
        who questioned their beliefs and found a better way.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com