Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Christians out of our scene!

Expand Messages
  • proleus
    ... How is that any different from the way they have ever acted? Btw, you cannot just single out a single religion and try to take it out, it would only create
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, residentalien2000
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Fundamentalist Christian bands are invading our subcultures. Let's
      > stand united against their propaganda.
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christiansgetout/?yguid=122065026

      How is that any different from the way they have ever acted?

      Btw, you cannot just single out a single religion and try to take it
      out, it would only create a power vacuum for other beliefs to fill.
      What would be required to do what you want is physiologically
      impossible. Short of genocide, we are stuck with them. Too bad.
    • devas666
      ... You complain nicely, and more often you just point em out. It s ok Bestonnet, I still love you. devas
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2003
      • 0 Attachment
        >
        > Only sometimes do I complain.


        You complain nicely, and more often you just point em out. It's ok
        Bestonnet, I still love you.

        devas
      • residentalien2000
        ... and ... Let s ... I don t mean to be taunting (well maybe I do), but you shouldn t talk negatively to another atheist. Maybe if I was really out of line,
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13, 2003
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > Do you have good conversations with yourself on there? Why start
          > yet another atheist group when there are so many? And please, for
          > future reference, don't post links. Bestonnet doesn't like them
          and
          > complains until I remove them.
          >
          > devas
          >
          > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, residentalien2000
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Fundamentalist Christian bands are invading our subcultures.
          Let's
          > > stand united against their propaganda.
          > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christiansgetout/?yguid=122065026

          I don't mean to be taunting (well maybe I do), but you shouldn't talk
          negatively to another atheist. Maybe if I was really out of line, but
          cheese's cripes, our kind need to take some action. I'm a longtime
          member of Internet Infidels (was in the private forum), and whenever
          I try to jolt the armchair warriors into doing something, they ignore
          me and say they're content to stay in the forums and complain. I
          don't propose genocide against Christians, that's counterproductive
          to humanity obviously, and the black metal "hordes" of Sweden have
          proved violence doesn't solve a whole lot.

          But Christians in the alternative music scene are politically
          organized, and have many political interest groups they're peddling
          to people, like Rock for Life and "Youth Against Planned Parenthood".
          The worst thing is that they're dragging it into a scene that has
          been opposed from it's creation to strict Christian ideals, and while
          they make fun of us and sing about how we're going to hell, many
          irreligious people listen to the music in stride. I could spend all
          day complaining, but I'm not. I am putting effort into changing this.
        • bestonnet_00
          ... The biggest problem for us is numbers. We just don t have them. I d also like to know what action you proposed? I doubt that anything we could do with
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13, 2003
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, residentalien2000
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I don't mean to be taunting (well maybe I do), but you shouldn't
            > talk negatively to another atheist. Maybe if I was really out of
            > line, but cheese's cripes, our kind need to take some action. I'm a
            > longtime member of Internet Infidels (was in the private forum), and
            > whenever I try to jolt the armchair warriors into doing something,
            > they ignore me and say they're content to stay in the forums and
            > complain. I don't propose genocide against Christians, that's
            > counterproductive to humanity obviously, and the black metal
            > "hordes" of Sweden have proved violence doesn't solve a whole lot.

            The biggest problem for us is numbers. We just don't have them.

            I'd also like to know what action you proposed? I doubt that anything
            we could do with such small numbers would be able to do much but if
            there is a way I want to know about it.

            > But Christians in the alternative music scene are politically
            > organized, and have many political interest groups they're peddling
            > to people, like Rock for Life and "Youth Against Planned
            > Parenthood". The worst thing is that they're dragging it into a
            > scene that has been opposed from it's creation to strict Christian
            > ideals, and while they make fun of us and sing about how we're going
            > to hell, many irreligious people listen to the music in stride. I
            > could spend all day complaining, but I'm not. I am putting effort
            > into changing this.

            I would consider the `alternative' music scene to be a rather minor
            battlefield compared to some of the other things (besides there is a
            reason why alternative music is called that). We have limited
            resources so we can't do everything and are going to have to put our
            resources where they will do the most good (if any). I have some
            ideas I need to get around to determining the practically of (I
            suspect very low) that might give us a big advantage of them. I doubt
            they'll work but it'd be nice if we could make them work.
          • paul stevens
            Join www.the-brights.net A Bright is a person who has a naturalistic worldview A Bright s worldview is free of supernatural and mystical elements. The ethics
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13, 2003
            • 0 Attachment
              Join www.the-brights.net

              A Bright is a person who has a naturalistic worldview
              A Bright's worldview is free of
              supernatural and mystical elements.
              The ethics and actions of a Bright
              are based on a naturalistic worldview.

              It has had some brief press coverage in Britain that i
              know of. From humble beginnings can come great things.
              Help to publisice the site and idea, to get atheism
              more press coverage and greater awareness and
              acceptance for it. I know many young people who are
              atheists but don't really ever say so or stand up for
              being so. This might help




              --- bestonnet_00 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >
              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com,
              > residentalien2000
              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > I don't mean to be taunting (well maybe I do), but
              > you shouldn't
              > > talk negatively to another atheist. Maybe if I was
              > really out of
              > > line, but cheese's cripes, our kind need to take
              > some action. I'm a
              > > longtime member of Internet Infidels (was in the
              > private forum), and
              > > whenever I try to jolt the armchair warriors into
              > doing something,
              > > they ignore me and say they're content to stay in
              > the forums and
              > > complain. I don't propose genocide against
              > Christians, that's
              > > counterproductive to humanity obviously, and the
              > black metal
              > > "hordes" of Sweden have proved violence doesn't
              > solve a whole lot.
              >
              > The biggest problem for us is numbers. We just
              > don't have them.
              >
              > I'd also like to know what action you proposed? I
              > doubt that anything
              > we could do with such small numbers would be able to
              > do much but if
              > there is a way I want to know about it.
              >
              > > But Christians in the alternative music scene are
              > politically
              > > organized, and have many political interest groups
              > they're peddling
              > > to people, like Rock for Life and "Youth Against
              > Planned
              > > Parenthood". The worst thing is that they're
              > dragging it into a
              > > scene that has been opposed from it's creation to
              > strict Christian
              > > ideals, and while they make fun of us and sing
              > about how we're going
              > > to hell, many irreligious people listen to the
              > music in stride. I
              > > could spend all day complaining, but I'm not. I am
              > putting effort
              > > into changing this.
              >
              > I would consider the `alternative' music scene to be
              > a rather minor
              > battlefield compared to some of the other things
              > (besides there is a
              > reason why alternative music is called that). We
              > have limited
              > resources so we can't do everything and are going to
              > have to put our
              > resources where they will do the most good (if any).
              > I have some
              > ideas I need to get around to determining the
              > practically of (I
              > suspect very low) that might give us a big advantage
              > of them. I doubt
              > they'll work but it'd be nice if we could make them
              > work.
              >
              >

              ________________________________________________________________________
              Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!
              Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
            • devas666
              What makes an atheist immune to my negativity? I suppose you think I should be nice because someone may title themselves atheist ? Try again sweety. Just
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 17, 2003
              • 0 Attachment
                What makes an atheist immune to my negativity? I suppose you think
                I should be nice because someone may title themselves 'atheist'?
                Try again sweety. Just because you think we have like ideas doesn't
                mean that we do, and definitely doesn't mean that I will find some
                sort of affinity with you. And besides all of that, don't post
                links in here, unless you find a way to nicely fit it into a current
                conversation. Merely posting a link out of nowhere makes Bestonnet
                mad, and everyone knows that he is my Leader Bean, and I must do
                what he thinks is best.

                ...you could taste heaven perfectly...
                devas


                > I don't mean to be taunting (well maybe I do), but you shouldn't
                talk
                > negatively to another atheist. Maybe if I was really out of line,
                but
                > cheese's cripes, our kind need to take some action. I'm a longtime
                > member of Internet Infidels (was in the private forum), and
                whenever
                > I try to jolt the armchair warriors into doing something, they
                ignore
                > me and say they're content to stay in the forums and complain. I
                > don't propose genocide against Christians, that's
                counterproductive
                > to humanity obviously, and the black metal "hordes" of Sweden have
                > proved violence doesn't solve a whole lot.
                >
                > But Christians in the alternative music scene are politically
                > organized, and have many political interest groups they're
                peddling
                > to people, like Rock for Life and "Youth Against Planned
                Parenthood".
                > The worst thing is that they're dragging it into a scene that has
                > been opposed from it's creation to strict Christian ideals, and
                while
                > they make fun of us and sing about how we're going to hell, many
                > irreligious people listen to the music in stride. I could spend
                all
                > day complaining, but I'm not. I am putting effort into changing
                this.
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.