Debate: Does God exist?

  • realtruthradio
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10 7:30 AM
      Debate: Tonight, Tuesday the 10th, we will be asking the question:
      Does God exist? You can listen in to the discussion on Real Truth
      Radio (7-8 PM PST/10-11 PM EST) as we have a special guest Patrick
      Smalley from "Ask an Atheist." Listen to both sides, the Christian
      worldview as well as the Atheist worldview. Which one is more
      rational?

      Listen in by going to www.realtruthradio.com and clicking on LISTEN
      NOW. Call in with questions or comments! You will NOT want to miss
      this one!

      In Him,
      Chris Curtis
      Real Truth Radio
      www.realtruthradio.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12 5:23 PM
        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "realtruthradio"
        <realtruthradio@y...> wrote:
        > Debate: Tonight, Tuesday the 10th, we will be asking the
        question:
        > Does God exist? You can listen in to the discussion on Real Truth
        > Radio (7-8 PM PST/10-11 PM EST) as we have a special guest Patrick
        > Smalley from "Ask an Atheist." Listen to both sides, the Christian
        > worldview as well as the Atheist worldview. Which one is more
        > rational?
        >
        > Listen in by going to www.realtruthradio.com and clicking on LISTEN
        > NOW. Call in with questions or comments! You will NOT want to miss
        > this one!
        >
        > In Him,
        > Chris Curtis
        > Real Truth Radio
        > www.realtruthradio.com

        Why do people continue to carry on with that senseless debate. There
        is no possible way one can prove whether or not a god exists. The
        proof though logically points away from such a being is too vague to
        be definitively stated as for or against such existence. People warp
        truths to their benefit and argue heated debates that end exactly
        where they started with nothing gained except scorn.

        Its like they actually think their words will convince people that
        their side is right, anyone with even the slightest shred of
        intelligence knows that words don't convince people, action
        convinces. In this debate, you cannot provide action (proof) for
        either case, therefore, you cannot declare a victor. Ironically,
        while what I stated is basically true of human nature, it is also
        victim of the very message it is trying to relay. Oh well... I've
        stated my 2 cents.
      • badarter
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2003
          In your reply to the debate post you state that

          "anybody with a shred of intelligence knows that words don't convince
          people, action convinces."

          I am the human formerly known as Bagemage. I have taken care of an
          infant for the State of Georgia (A DFCS child) who was born with only
          a brain stem. Yet she could sense her surroundings and respond
          accordingly within the limits of her intelligence. She was but a few
          months old but could smile, laugh, cry, and many of the things other
          children her age can do. Did she have that "shred of intelligence" to
          know the difference between words and actions?

          If so what does that say about everyone else?

          ;0)