Re: what if...

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 12, 2003
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, eifion <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > There is a third choice. You can accept your mind and your senses and
      > judge the irrational, but also acknowledge the possibility that the
      > conlcusions drawn by your mind are entirely wrong.

      A good comprimise between the "science as dogma" and pre-modernist[1] positions. Sadly those two are the ones that are most often taught at schools and universities (humanities faculties mostly).

      I will however state that I don't think the poster you replied to was argueing from either of those positions but was probably in fact using what you've described (which does sound very similar to how science operates).

      [1] Most pre-modernists call themselves post-modernists as they have a delusion of figuring their belief system that everything is a social construct out recently when it in fact pre-dates the 'modernist' scientific method by a couple of kiloyears.