Re: Examining the "What Would Jesus Do" Mantra

  • devas666
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
      I vote this for "stupidest comment of the week".

      devas

      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, eifion <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > if christians really did what jesus did they'd all be busy nailing
      > themselvs to trees to solve the worlds problems. Hmmm, perhaps
      then
      > they wouldn't have the time to start so many wars....
    • eifion
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
        Well, hey, that's what he did!

        Bush is a devout Christian. Picture the scene in the oval office.

        Rumsfeld :- Sir, we have found weapons of mass destruction, our troops
        are ready, all we need is your order, just sign here sir.

        Bush :- <strains to move his hand to pick up pen> NNGGGGHHHH,
        ARGGGHHHH UUUGGGHHH, sorry it's no good, I just can't sign the warrant
        with my hands nailed to this wooden beam.

        Result - no war.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
          That's all good and proper but did Jesus really nail himself to a
          tree? Or did someone do it for him?

          ...show me how brave you are...
          devas

          --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, eifion <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Well, hey, that's what he did!
          >
          > Bush is a devout Christian. Picture the scene in the oval office.
          >
          > Rumsfeld :- Sir, we have found weapons of mass destruction, our
          troops
          > are ready, all we need is your order, just sign here sir.
          >
          > Bush :- <strains to move his hand to pick up pen> NNGGGGHHHH,
          > ARGGGHHHH UUUGGGHHH, sorry it's no good, I just can't sign the
          warrant
          > with my hands nailed to this wooden beam.
          >
          > Result - no war.
          >
          > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > > I vote this for "stupidest comment of the week".
          > >

          > > devas
          > >

          > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, eifion <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > > > if christians really did what jesus did they'd all be busy
          nailing
          > > > themselvs to trees to solve the worlds problems. Hmmm, perhaps
          > > then
          > > > they wouldn't have the time to start so many wars....
        • sal_69022
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
            Jesus was nailed up by the Holy Ghost. The reason being that HG
            seldom gets any press. When's the last time you heard anyone say
            "Holy Ghost you!"? Or "Holy Ghost it!"? Yes indeed, Christians
            everwhere have neglected the Ghost and is She pissed! Sits in a
            little room with no assignments and no TV. And neither Tony nor Dubya
            have mentioned her once in the last 2 years.

            SAL for the Resurrection of the Holy Ghost Committee, Ltd
            London

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, sal_69022 <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > Jesus was nailed up by the Holy Ghost. The reason being that HG
              > seldom gets any press. When's the last time you heard anyone say
              > "Holy Ghost you!"? Or "Holy Ghost it!"? Yes indeed, Christians
              > everwhere have neglected the Ghost and is She pissed! Sits in a
              > little room with no assignments and no TV. And neither Tony nor
              Dubya
              > have mentioned her once in the last 2 years.
              >
              > SAL for the Resurrection of the Holy Ghost Committee, Ltd
              > London

              "Go away Pip, Nobody likes you!" - cartman, SP