Re: Examining the "What Would Jesus Do" Mantra

  • Alec <crazyalecx@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2002
      Take it easy.
      WWJD is a very tricky phrase.It implies that there is Jesus (the
      savior).
      Just like in God we trust.Can't trust something that doesn't
      exist,right?
      So if a government says we can trust something,it implies, that thing
      exist.
      And its an insult to non-religious people.
    • eifion
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2003
        if christians really did what jesus did they'd all be busy nailing
        themselvs to trees to solve the worlds problems. Hmmm, perhaps then
        they wouldn't have the time to start so many wars....
      • devas666
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
          I vote this for "stupidest comment of the week".

          devas

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
            Well, hey, that's what he did!

            Bush is a devout Christian. Picture the scene in the oval office.

            Rumsfeld :- Sir, we have found weapons of mass destruction, our troops
            are ready, all we need is your order, just sign here sir.

            Bush :- <strains to move his hand to pick up pen> NNGGGGHHHH,
            ARGGGHHHH UUUGGGHHH, sorry it's no good, I just can't sign the warrant
            with my hands nailed to this wooden beam.

            Result - no war.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 22, 2003
              That's all good and proper but did Jesus really nail himself to a
              tree? Or did someone do it for him?

              ...show me how brave you are...
              devas

              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, eifion <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Well, hey, that's what he did!
              >
              > Bush is a devout Christian. Picture the scene in the oval office.
              >
              > Rumsfeld :- Sir, we have found weapons of mass destruction, our
              troops
              > are ready, all we need is your order, just sign here sir.
              >
              > Bush :- <strains to move his hand to pick up pen> NNGGGGHHHH,
              > ARGGGHHHH UUUGGGHHH, sorry it's no good, I just can't sign the
              warrant
              > with my hands nailed to this wooden beam.
              >
              > Result - no war.
              >
              > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, devas666 <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > > I vote this for "stupidest comment of the week".
              > >

              > > devas
              > >

              > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, eifion <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > > > if christians really did what jesus did they'd all be busy
              nailing
              > > > themselvs to trees to solve the worlds problems. Hmmm, perhaps
              > > then
              > > > they wouldn't have the time to start so many wars....
            • sal_69022
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
                Jesus was nailed up by the Holy Ghost. The reason being that HG
                seldom gets any press. When's the last time you heard anyone say
                "Holy Ghost you!"? Or "Holy Ghost it!"? Yes indeed, Christians
                everwhere have neglected the Ghost and is She pissed! Sits in a
                little room with no assignments and no TV. And neither Tony nor Dubya
                have mentioned her once in the last 2 years.

                SAL for the Resurrection of the Holy Ghost Committee, Ltd
                London

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
                  --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, sal_69022 <no_reply@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Jesus was nailed up by the Holy Ghost. The reason being that HG
                  > seldom gets any press. When's the last time you heard anyone say
                  > "Holy Ghost you!"? Or "Holy Ghost it!"? Yes indeed, Christians
                  > everwhere have neglected the Ghost and is She pissed! Sits in a
                  > little room with no assignments and no TV. And neither Tony nor
                  Dubya
                  > have mentioned her once in the last 2 years.
                  >
                  > SAL for the Resurrection of the Holy Ghost Committee, Ltd
                  > London

                  "Go away Pip, Nobody likes you!" - cartman, SP