Re money and power

  • Rob <python666au@yahoo.com.au>
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 20, 2002
      Hey this is my first post here,I've borrowed these word's from an
      Anais Nin short story,somehow they seem applicable to this topic."I
      am not concerned with the secret's,or the lie's,or the mysterie's.I
      am concerned with what made them necessary".Regard's,Rob.
    • Alec <crazyalecx@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 26, 2002
        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Rob <python666au@y...>"
        <python666au@y...> wrote:
        > Hey this is my first post here,I've borrowed these word's from an
        > Anais Nin short story,somehow they seem applicable to this topic."I
        > am not concerned with the secret's,or the lie's,or the mysterie's.I
        > am concerned with what made them necessary".Regard's,Rob.

        Good one,looks like Anais *agrees* with me,but afraid to say its
        about money and power.
        Maybe in a fear of being labeled as a devil.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 2002
          > Good one,looks like Anais *agrees* with me,but afraid to say its
          > about money and power.
          > Maybe in a fear of being labeled as a devil.

          Actually, money isn't the source of it, it's just an added benefit.
          It is centered around the desire of those in control to control those
          who want to believe, and the people who want to believe giving their
          will to those who are in control. It is entirely about the
          intelligent controlling the dumb or the strong over the weak, or
          whatever addage you prefer. It is a combination of peoples desire to
          believe in it plus the desire of those who preach it to have everyone
          worship their feet. I seriously doubt there is 1 single preacher or
          priest in the entirety of the world, be it in this time or in any
          time that has came to pass, that has not gotten a power trip from
          what they do.
        • Alec <crazyalecx@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 28, 2002
            > worship their feet. I seriously doubt there is 1 single preacher or
            > priest in the entirety of the world, be it in this time or in any
            > time that has came to pass, that has not gotten a power trip from
            > what they do.

            Religion is an industry.
            Anybody can start a company,but to stay in business,they need
            constant flow of customers and money.
            Company sell a product at a local dealer called church.More customers
            and their wallets,more money priest and company gets.
            Rabbi's started Judaism centuries ago.They were allowed to do
            business by (multigod)romans.Then there came jesus,who wanted to open
            a new company selling the same product.And maybe drive rabbi's out of
            business.
            So they had'm killed.
            Mafia games for control of the market.Nothing changed.
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 31, 2002
              > Religion is an industry.
              > Anybody can start a company,but to stay in business,they need
              > constant flow of customers and money.
              > Company sell a product at a local dealer called church.More
              customers
              > and their wallets,more money priest and company gets.
              > Rabbi's started Judaism centuries ago.They were allowed to do
              > business by (multigod)romans.Then there came jesus,who wanted to
              open
              > a new company selling the same product.And maybe drive rabbi's out
              of
              > business.
              > So they had'm killed.
              > Mafia games for control of the market.Nothing changed.

              Actually, it is more analagous to a well-established cult than an
              industry. Religions donot need to pay any property, state, or
              government taxes as other profit-oriented groups are required. They
              get away free of any burden by the state. They get all their money
              from donations of willing followers who are blinded by their
              delusions of gradeur that they will donate their fortunes to the
              churches. This is the way it is because that is the way they want it
              to be. This is how cult leaders gain influence, this is how
              christianity gained influence, as did islam, mormanism, ect...

              Judaism created centuries ago... ummm do you history, Judaism was
              ancient even to the romans and that was over 2000 years ago. The
              jewish calendar goes back 5000+ years alone. And it took centuries of
              genocidal warfare between the romans and the Jews before roman law
              declared the Jewish god a state god which is why Jews were allowed to
              do business with the empire. The reason that rome attacked
              christianity was because it was new. To the romans, only ancient
              beliefs were true religions, everything else was a cult. And
              christianity was and still is a cult (beit a well organised one).
              That is why they tried to kill the christians...too bad they didn't
              succeed...
            • Alec <crazyalecx@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 31, 2002

                > Actually, it is more analagous to a well-established cult than an
                > industry. Religions donot need to pay any property, state, or
                > government taxes as other profit-oriented groups are required.

                Exactly.Thats because they hiding behind a a beleif.And thats why
                they'll never admit its a business.

                > Judaism created centuries ago... ummm do you history, Judaism was
                > ancient even to the romans and that was over 2000 years ago. The
                > jewish calendar goes back 5000+ years alone.

                I know that.I could have said 'thousands years ago'.The meaning
                was 'a long time ago'.But thanks for correction.

                And it took centuries of
                > genocidal warfare between the romans and the Jews before roman law
                > declared the Jewish god a state god which is why Jews were allowed
                > do business with the empire. The reason that rome attacked
                > christianity was because it was new. To the romans, only ancient
                > beliefs were true religions, everything else was a cult. And
                > christianity was and still is a cult (beit a well organised one).
                > That is why they tried to kill the christians...too bad they didn't
                > succeed...

                I don't think romans cared much.Its the that jews didn't want
                competition of a new company.
                Monopoly is a best way to sell a product.
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2003
                  > I don't think romans cared much.Its the that jews didn't want
                  > competition of a new company.
                  > Monopoly is a best way to sell a product.

                  I can assure you they did care. The romans allowed free worship of
                  any religion they deemed legal. If a religion was not legal, then one
                  could not worship it or face execution. They had state religions and
                  originally, judaism was not a state religion. Infact for centuries,
                  rome invaded and crushed Jerusalem. Infact, Jerusalem was destroyed
                  and rebuilt by the romans 2 times, the second time the cementing time
                  and shortly thereafter, an arrangement was made between the empire
                  and the Jews that made the jewish belief a state religion. All their
                  state religions were ancient in their times. Infact, they only viewed
                  a belief as a religion if it was ancient. When christianity came
                  along, it was the bastard-offspring of judaism. However, it was a new
                  beleif with a new god and a new way of doing things. In our context,
                  that would represent bolth a new religion and a new cult (the 2 are
                  completely indistinguishable in my eyes and perhaps your eyes as
                  well), however, to the romans, it was simply a stupid belief that
                  needed to be silenced. They deemed it foolish and declared that it
                  was not a religion. However, for at least a century, rome left the
                  christians completely alone, but as they grew in numbers, they began
                  demanding changes. That was a very big no no. They demanded to be
                  recognised as a state religion, infact they wanted to be the only
                  state religion, something that agitated the emperor to declare all
                  cristians hunted and killed.

                  I can take this story on for quite some time but I will cut myself
                  off right here. Roman history is something I take deep interest in.
                • Alec <crazyalecx@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 3, 2003
                    Thanks for the info,very usefull.
                    All these fights for a new religions is nothing more than a fight for
                    a new company selling the same product.A belief in a diety.

                    Nobody wants to give up a monopoly.