money and power

  • Alec <crazyalecx@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2002
      So how long its gonna take people to realize religion is a
      business,run by a con artists,using a 'belief' to justify money and
      power?
      How else would you explain religion?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2002
        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Alec <crazyalecx@y...>"
        <crazyalecx@y...> wrote:
        > So how long its gonna take people to realize religion is a
        > business,run by a con artists,using a 'belief' to justify money and
        > power?
        > How else would you explain religion?

        They already all know that. The problem is that they do not want to
        make the connection so they ignore it. Those select few that donot
        know it yet are probably to inept to figure it out anyways as they
        are too stupid to tie their own shoes letalone tell the difference
        between a true atempt at understanding the world and corporate entity
        full of power hungry, greedy and egotistical individuals that care
        nothing for the people that crave their words except how much
        monetary contributions they can make...
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2002
          --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Alec <crazyalecx@y...>" <crazyalecx@y...> wrote:
          > So how long its gonna take people to realize religion is a
          > business,run by a con artists,using a 'belief' to justify money and
          > power?

          Some of us already have. Just that most people don't know, in much the same way that con artists manage to convince people their get rich quick scheme it legal and actually works (despite the mathematical impossibility).

          Religion has been described as a trillion dollar fraud. Maybe we should start bringing fraud charges against churchs.

          > How else would you explain religion?

          As a way of controlling the masses.

          As a mind virus that is out of control and needs to be eradicated. I think we need to develop a vaccine against religion and force it on all the world's children (just like we should do with all our other vaccines, note to idiots, Vaccines do *not* cause autism).
        • usf_sigdelt <sdt_sororitychic@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
            <crazyalecx@y...> wrote:
            > So how long its gonna take people to realize religion is a
            > business,run by a con artists,using a 'belief' to justify money and
            > power?
            > How else would you explain religion?

            I agree.Religion has continued to be a business and it controls so
            many people.Also,it disgusts me to see the manner in which it is
            marketed now.There are books called "The Idiots Guide to The Bible."I
            found that funny the first time I saw it.How do you know the Bible is
            accurate anyway?So many documents have been lost over the years
            including philosophy.Out of 150 philosophers,only 3 philosopher's
            documents have been found.So is it really valid or sound for that
            matter?