Re: RACISM in the Atheism Movement

  • theapathist
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 1, 2002
      The guys who thinks he is very smart and feels it necessary to brag
      first. . . writes:

      "THERE IS NO REASON TO SUPPRESS A VIEWPOINT UNLESS IT IS TRUE,
      because a false viewpoint can easily be combatted with facts and
      logic, while truth cannot be combatted except by lies which are
      vulnerable to refutation.

      Or to put it another way, the 'racist' view HAS to be suppressed,
      because if it weren't, MOST PEOPLE WOULD BECOME 'RACISTS'!"

      Apathist writes in response -
      I love it when people of alleged intelligence prove that IQ has
      nothing to do with intelligence and understanding.

      Of course most people would be racist and most people are to varying
      degrees. However, that has nothing to do with the argument of a
      false veiwpoint. It has to do with human nature and the desire of
      most humans to think they are better than others. It is a
      fundamental reason why people flock to various religions. "I am
      going to heaven because I know something you do not."

      Racisim is not an animal of logic. Racism is an animal of EMOTION
      and a desire to demean, or feel better about yourself by degrading
      others. Racism is supressed because humans know it is wrong, but
      also know many humans are compelled to engage in it. There is a
      difference between allowing animal needs and desires to overcome our
      better nature and regonizing what is RIGHT and what is WRONG.

      Demeaning another group of people merley because of minor physical
      differences is childish. Any person of any intelligence knows there
      is not enough DNA difference to justify racism or inferiority based
      on race. There may be CULTURES that have developed in a fashion
      that place them on a lower evolutionary scale, but that is not
      because one race is superior to another and there is nothing about
      the PEOPLE in those cultures that make it impossible to have higher
      intelligence and education.

      Breif responses to a couple of his points are:

      1) Blacks commit crime more than whites because they have had the
      shit beat out of them by whites for 300 years. We only stopped
      beating the shit out of them 35 years ago. That is not enough time
      to recover. Simplistic answer, but enough.

      2) IQ is based on KNOWLEDGE and EDUCATION to a large extent. Whites
      have more access to that, thorugh better education, their parents
      having more knowledge and passing it on to thier kids and beause
      whites, unlike blacks, do not reject education. Why do many blacks
      reject education? Because Whites beat the shit out of them for
      embracing education during JIM CROW.

      I love statistics that fail to take into account ENVIRONMENT. Again.
      what does an IQ have to do with intelligence or being valuable as a
      human being? THis guy proves it is unrelated.

      That person can have their MENSA membmership, he can be given a
      knighthood based on his IQ, but by supporting that argument above, he
      has, .. by definition, removed himself from the intelligent human
      race.

      Here is his next argument - -- Child molestation is Right! I can
      prove it in one sentence.

      "THERE IS NO REASON TO SUPPRESS A VIEWPOINT UNLESS IT IS TRUE,
      because a false viewpoint can easily be combatted with facts and
      logic, while truth cannot be combatted except by lies which are
      vulnerable to refutation.

      Or to put it another way, the 'child molester' view HAS to be
      suppressed, because if it weren't, MOST PEOPLE WOULD BECOME 'CHILD
      MOLESTERS'!"

      I rest my case. What a moron. He has WAY too much time on his hands.

      Apathist

      --- In deathtoreligion@y..., "elizabeth_wellington"
      <elizabeth_wellington@y...> wrote:
      > The following is from
      > http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Lbl/Lbl-VitalFactsYouNeedToKnow.html
      >
      > Some Vital -- And Very Ugly -- Facts You Ought to Know
      >
      > By John "Birdman" Bryant
      >
      > If you are like a lot of people, you believe that racism is wrong.
      >
      > So let me tell you a couple of things I believe will surprise you.
      >
      > FIRST, the 'racists' are RIGHT.
      >
      > And SECOND, I can PROVE IT IN JUST ONE SENTENCE.
      >
      > But first, allow me to introduce myself. My name is John "Birdman"
      > Bryant. I am the author of 40 books, a member of the legendary high-
      > IQ society Mensa, have had my works praised by many of the world's
      > most distinguished men including Nobel prizewinners, and am listed
      in
      > many of the standard biographical references, including Who's Who
      in
      > America and Who's Who in the World. I also run a website (the one
      you
      > are on) which is devoted, among other things, to breaking the
      embargo
      > on information about race and related matters which the
      Establishment
      > media have sought to suppress.
      >
      > I said earlier that I could prove that the 'racists' are right in
      one
      > single sentence. My proof stems from the fact that racial matters
      are
      > never genuinely debated today, because the only thing you ever see
      in
      > the major media is the politically-correct 'anti-racist' viewpoint.
      > The 'other side' is never allowed to make its case, ie,
      THE 'RACIST'
> [...]
      > one-sentence proof that the 'racists' are right:
      >
      > THERE IS NO REASON TO SUPPRESS A VIEWPOINT UNLESS IT IS TRUE,
      because
      > a false viewpoint can easily be combatted with facts and logic,
      while
      > truth cannot be combatted except by lies which are vulnerable to
      > refutation.
      >
      > Or to put it another way, the 'racist' view HAS to be suppressed,
      > because if it weren't, MOST PEOPLE WOULD BECOME 'RACISTS'!
      >
      > So what is the 'racist' view? Very simply, it is one that takes the
      > following facts -- and a lot of others -- into account.
      >
      > * FACT: Blacks make up 12% of the population, yet are 50% of the
      > prison population.
      >
      > * FACT: This means that blacks commit NINE TIMES the crimes of
      > whites. (That's NOT 9% -- it's 900%!) It means that if there were
      > equal numbers of blacks and whites in our population, NINE OF EVERY
      > TEN CRIMINALS WOULD BE BLACK.
      >
      > * FACT: If present demographic trends continue, whites will be a
      > minority in America in only 50 years. Whites are already less than
      > 50% of the population in California. Between blacks and Hispanics,
      > whose crime rate is about 4 times that of whites, we can expect to
      > see huge escalations in crime against whites as they become fewer
      in
      > number and thus more vulnerable both physically and politically.
      >
      > * FACT: 90% of all inter-racial crime is black-on-white (ie,
      > committed BY blacks AGAINST whites).
      >
      > * FACT: There are 20,000 black-on-white rapes every year in the US,
      > but fewer than 100 white-on-black rapes.
      >
      > * FACT: The majority of hate crimes are committed by blacks, in
      spite
      > of the fact that blacks make up only 12% of the population, and in
      > spite of the great reluctance of authorities to report hate crimes
      > when they are committed by blacks. (That means that blacks commit
      > VASTLY MORE hate crimes in proportion to their numbers than
      whites!)

      > * FACT: The average white IQ is 100; the average American black IQ
      is
      > 85; the average African black IQ is 70 (borderline retarded). There
      > has never been a civilization worthy of the name founded by blacks,
      > and blacks have not even been able to retain the civilizations
      which
      > have been created for them by whites ("white colonialism"). Note:
      > Contrary to black propaganda, the ancient Egyptians were not black.
      >
      > * FACT: The Jews have been expelled from almost every Western
      country
      > at one time or another, including Britain, Spain, France, Portugal
      > and Germany. There are several possible explanations for this,
      > including religious differences, the clannishness of Jews which
      tends
      > to make them loyal to their own 'nation' rather than to their host
      > country, and envy of Jewish wealth and success (the average Jewish
      IQ
> [...]
      > and numerous Jewish scholars have actually acknowledged this. (The
      > stories acknowledged by Jewish scholars to be false include the
      > existence of homicidal gas chambers, the use of Jewish skin for
      > lampshade coverings and Jewish body fat for soap, and the assertion
      > that there were 'Six Million' Jews killed by the nazis.) But
      > questioning these widely-believed but false stories is illegal in
      > most countries of the Western world, and 8,000 people are in jail
      in
      > Germany alone for questioning these and similar dogmas. Can you
      > figure out what powerful international ethnic group was responsible
      > for causing these laws to be passed?
      >
      > * FACT: Sympathy and guilt for the (largely false) story of the
      > Holocaust has resulted in the payment of close to a hundred billion
      > dollars to Israel by the German government. Furthermore, Jews
      > everywhere continue to use the Holocaust as a tool for extracting
      > money from gentiles, whether thru the movies (more than 400 have
      been
      > made on this subject), Holocaust museums, 'reparations' (more than
      > billion from the Swiss, billions from German companies, etc) and
      the
      > like. There is a saying widely used among Jews which goes, "There's
      > no business like Shoah [Holocaust] business." Can you figure out
      why
      > the Jewish establishment has been so eager to suppress questioning
      of
      > the Holocau$$$t dogma?
      >
      > * FACT: Israel is the only 'Western' country to legally sanction
      > torture, and the Israeli Defense Forces use bone-breaking and shoot-
      > to-maim policies against Palestinians, and even reporters.
      > Furthermore, Israel forbids marriages of Jews to non-Jews, just
      like
      > nazi Germany.
      >
      > * FACT: Jewish political influence has been the principal force
      > attempting to nullify our Constitution, and particularly the
      freedoms
      > enjoyed under the Bill of Rights. For example, Jews have been the
      > major force behind 'gun control' (ie, the attempt to nullify the
      > Second Amendment), integration and affirmative action (to nullify
      > freedom of association), 'hate crimes' (laying the foundation for
      > suppressing freedom of speech), immigration (introducing large
      > numbers of unassimilable nonwhites which will effectively destroy
      > American culture and ideals), anti-militia statutes and similar
      > efforts.
      >
      > Personally, I find the above facts disturbing, and I would think
      that
      > any rational person would also find them so. But what I find even
      > more disturbing is the pattern which the above facts show, namely a
      > clear and continuing program by Jews -- not all Jews, of course,
      but
      > an effort clearly Jewish in nature -- to destroy American and
      Western

      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 2, 2002
        In all likelyhood the person has an IQ less then 100.