It must have been another country

  • devas666
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 18, 2002
      Oh, a rifle took its aim and a man fell to the ground.
      He tried to stand again but everybody held him down:
      A time of terror when the bullet pierced the air --
      I know that couldn't happen here.
      Oh, it must have been another country --
      Yes, it must have been another land.
      That couldn't happen in the U.S.A.
      We'd never treat a man that way.

      And a migrant worker sweats underneath the blazin' sun.
      He's fallen on his knees but his work is never done.
      He begs someone to listen but nobody seems to care,
      And I know that couldn't happen here.
      Oh, it must have been another country --
      Yes, it must have been another land.
      That couldn't happen in the U.S.A.
      We'd never treat a man that way.

      And a man is working steady, it's good money he receives
      But he's thrown out of work for the wrong things he believes.
      He didn't have the thoughts most everybody shares.
      I know that couldn't happen here,
      so it must have been another country --
      Yes, it must have been another land.
      That couldn't happen in the U.S.A.
      We'd never treat a man that way.

      And a man is sent to prison to wait until he dies.
      He fights to save his life, for years and years he tries.
      Even though he changed himself he dies upon the chair.
      I know that couldn't happen here.
      Oh, it must have been another country --
      Yes, it must have been another land.
      That couldn't happen in the U.S.A.
      We'd never treat a man that way.
      Oh, I know we'd never treat a man that way.
    • devas666
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 11, 2002
        Yeah, it's okay to sound only semi-literate, as long at people know
        what you really mean.
        devas