Egyptian member

  • ibnrawandi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
      Hello everybody,

      Living in a country where the mere questioning of any religious rite
      or a prophet saying in public(let alone professing secularism or
      Darwinism) is considered blasphemous and a punishable crime and were
      books are censored by religious authority .I suffer from deep
      alienation and estrangement in my superstitiously religious society.
      I have to hide the books that questions or criticizes religion away
      from my family and friends .I feel as lonely and vulnerable as a
      poor swimmer in a raging ocean . "Ibn Rawandi" whom i chose his name
      as a profile was a free arab thinker who dared to question the
      claims of the prophet Mohammed 1000 years ago,and so all his books
      were burnt ,only fragments remaining including two verses of a poem
      in which he talks to god saying:
      "you divided wealth between men the division of a poor drunkard!
      If this was done by a man he'd be considered mad and sent to a
      lunatic asylum!"(please forgive my bad translation of poetry).

      Any way i am expecting to find relief in sharing with you my hidden
      beliefs and hope to find in your group anyone who belongs to my poor
      Arab world
    • ismail mazher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2002
        Hello everybody,