Re: What is an Apathist?

  • theapathist
    Message 1 of 7950 , Feb 17, 2002
      Well, actually, Prolus, if you want to get
      technical, there certainly are at least two concepts that
      the human mind CANNOT comprehend and therefore might
      be explained by an all powerful entity.<br><br>The
      first was how did the big bang and the material of the
      universe first get created or set in motion. I mean, I
      believe in teh big bang, but where did the MATTER come
      from?<br><br>Secondly, the limits of the Universe. Can your mind
      remotely comprehend, how far, what is beyond the edges of
      the universe? No, you cannot comprehend infinity.
      then we don't know everything.<br><br>Further, if an
      omnipotent being has a PLAN, for us, it is entirely possible
      that the struggle for truth is part of that plan. Not
      that I am buying into it, but it is not unreasonable.
      Hell, if god lets good people die, then letting good
      people strugle with his existance is not that
      bad.<br><br>The point is, that if God exists, does not matter.
      What matters is the EFFECT of the idea of his
      existance on all of the billions of peop[le you and I have
      to deal with. How do we reach them? The only way to
      reach them is by going THROUGH, or AROUND the concept
      of God, not denying it.<br><br>Apathist.
      Message 7950 of 7950 , Mar 30, 2002