Re: Womb with a View

    Message 1 of 7950 , Aug 17, 2001
      While were on this topic, lets add another
      dimension to the debate. Stem cell research. Bush already
      allowed govt funding of it. For those that are unaware, I
      will describe the procedure as it is currently done.
      Donor eggs are fertilized in a petri dish with Donor
      sperm, the fertilized egg is then allowed a few sets of
      divisions. Once there are enough stem cells present in the
      embryo, an electric current is used to destroy the embryo
      by tearing the stem cells away from eachother (or
      something to that effect). The freed stem cells are then
      collected and studied for posible uses in curing human
      diseases. The implications from this research can lead to
      cures to every human disease that exists! Cancer,
      Alzheimers, even brain damage can be repaired (yes repaired)
      with this research. People with underdeveloped limbs
      or organs can have their limb/organ developed to the
      state it should be in (perfect health and fully
      developed). Persons with massive brain damage can have their
      neural endings repaired due to new neural stem cells
      being inserted into their brains. Basicially the
      argument is simple, produce a new human being, or save
      millions.
      Message 7950 of 7950 , Mar 30 2:42 PM