Re: god

    Message 1 of 7950 , Jul 1, 2001
      19% still isn't much, it would have to be at
      least 50% for guns to have any use as a
      deterant.<br><br>Your post seems to imply that you were law
      enforcement, if that is the case then you would be at many
      crime scenes and likely to have been involved in
      stopping quite a lot of crime, far more then the average
      homicide 13,980<br> Justifiable homicide 251<br>Accidental
      39,595<br><br>The only reason NCVS is considered unscientific is
      because its conclusion doesn't fit some peoples political
      beliefs.<br><br>NCVS has been in operation for over 20 years, surveys
      590,000 households a year, is done by very good
      statisticians, has a 97% response rate and a respondants
      anoymity is guranteed by law.<br><br>It also goes through
      peer review.<br><br>As for objectivism, there are many
      cristisms from anachists, but looking at the non-anarchist
      critisisms is where the philosophical rebuttals are to be
      found.
      Message 7950 of 7950 , Mar 30, 2002