Re: re.pamela

  • guerrilla_us
    Message 1 of 7950 , Jan 2, 2001
      "Every single rule and teaching in the Bible was
      under the same circumstances."<br><br>This is not true.
      You would have a tough time convincing a scripture
      scholar. But the debate you are making is raging right now
      among some really smart scripture scholars. If you
      look, you will find a wealth of information about this
      debate. It is naive (sp? lol) to think that scripture
      scholars in support of the position that some laws were
      done away with haven't heard your arguments before,
      and don't have Biblical answers. It is also naive to
      think that questions of interpretation on something as
      complex as this are so clear and obvious. For me
      personally, I don't know. The time and effort I would need to
      spend to come up with an intelligent conclusion is
      something I am not willing to give up. Besides there are
      plenty of other questions I have yet to answer before I
      go tackling this one.<br><br>"The Christian's
      favorite thing to do.. pick and choose what to believe in
      the Bible."<br><br>You need to get aquainted with the
      theology of a few churches before you go generalizing
      about what "Christians' favorite thing to do" is. Some
      Christians DO believe that everything was done away with
      (although your claim about the teachings of Jesus are
      unfounded). Others believe that all the laws of Moses SHOULD
      still be kept. Most fall somewhere in between, stating
      various and sundry reasons why some of them are or are
      not still kept. Don't assume that their reasons
      aren't intelligent just because you've never heard them.
      Message 7950 of 7950 , Mar 30, 2002