Re: Who twists?

  • Raj1037
    Message 1 of 7950 , Jul 31, 2000
      Lets go into exact meanings then, shall we?
      you ask.. will mean "lack of belief in a god" or
      "denying the existance of a deity".<br>Now.. you not only
      reject other's claims that a god exists, you make
      several claims of your own. You claim it's not rational
      to believe in a god. You claim science shows
      evidence to your side and your side alone, and that this
      evidence is undeniable. There's more.. but it doesn't
      matter if I list it out, because you don't care and you
      don't think those are claims.<br><br>Lets get into
      faith though, faith has some defintions that apply to
      you.<br>1. Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of
      what is declared by another<br>-You have not done
      every scientific experiment by yourself.. nor have you
      studied genetics for a lifetime..so you are relying on
      someone else's findings and their declarations.<br>2.
      Firm and earnest belief, on probable evidence of any
      kind<br>-You have a strong belief that a god does not
      exist.<br><br>Now..several lines in your message were quite disturbing.
      you cannot prove, and or believing in what can be
      proved false"<br>"To regard my statements as having some
      faith in them only shows how little you have
      investigated the topic."<br>You're saying that if people
      believe in something you think isn't true.. then they
      have faith and are misinformed. That's just plain
      stupid.<br><br>Basically.. if you say it's completely not probable that a
      god exists, that's it's not rational to believe in
      one, that science is accurate, that the bible is
      inaccurate, etc.. then you are not just denying other's
      claims, you are making claims of your own. Those are all
      positive statements.<br><br>I'm saying your way of
      thinking is irrational, not your reasons for rejecting the
      idea of a god.
      Message 7950 of 7950 , Mar 30, 2002