Re: A little Story...

  • Raj1037
    Message 1 of 7950 , Nov 3, 1999
      Here's a bit of a more mature version of the
      story..<br><br>I was sitting in class once, and some people were
      talking about religion.. one of them blurted out "I doubt
      anyone at this school doesn't believe in god"<br>I said
      " I don't, I'm an atheist."<br>and they asked a
      couple of stupid questions like "What..? but you don't
      go to those weird meetings or worship satan or
      anything"<br>I calmly replied "I didn't say I was a satan
      worshipper, I don't believe there is a satan or a
      god."<br>"Well we believe in God, and so do most people, why
      don't you?"<br>by this time the entire class was
      listening<br>I just simply said "Well I have my reasons for not
      believing..ask me personally sometime when we have more time. As
      for you all believing.. I don't see why you believe
      so blindly. Even if there is a god, you shouldn't
      worship something you don't understand"<br><br>End of
      conversation, never brought up again, I was easily accepted. I
      even had people come up to me who were interested in
      hearing more of what I had to say.<br>There's calm and
      simple ways to keep from arguing with these
      people.<br><br>By getting angry yourself you're letting yourself
      drop to their level. They get angry because they're
      idiots, they don't know how to argue back with you, and
      their beliefs are being challenged.<br>By remaining
      calm and secure with your beliefs you help prove
      theirs wrong. <br><br>Next time you're confronted with
      it try not getting so pissed off... and NEVER try to
      explain your beliefs in a single sentence. Atheism isn't
      something you can just explain in 2 seconds. Just like you
      can't be taught a religion during a bus ride
      home.<br><br>It takes time, simply say "I don't believe there is
      a god, I have my reasons, and I can share them with
      you sometime if you want me to. This isn't the time
      or the place."<br><br>The one thing I like to say
      most about atheists is that we're more mature. You
      proved that wrong big time with that bus incident.. I'm
      not saying you shouldn't be an atheist. Just don't
      explode on people alright buddy?<br><br>-Raj
      Message 7950 of 7950 , Mar 30, 2002