Atheism vs. Agnosticism

  • Johnny Hawkins
    Message 1 of 63 , Mar 24, 2012
      Thomas Edison, said,
      "We do not know a millionth of one percent about anything."
      Let's say that you have an incredible one percent of all the
      knowledge in the universe. Would it be possible, in the ninety-nine
      percent of the knowledge that you haven't yet discovered, that there
      might be ample evidence to prove the existence of God?
      If I were to make an
      absolute statement such as, "There is no gold in China," what is needed
      for that statement to be proven true? I need absolute or total
      knowledge. I need to have information that there is no gold in any rock,
      in any river, in the ground, in any store, in any ring, or in any mouth
      (gold filling) in China. If there is one speck of gold in China, then
      my statement is false and I have no basis for it. I need absolute
      knowledge before I can make an absolute statement of that nature.
      Conversely, for me to say, "There is gold in China," I don't need to
      have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the
      country, and the statement is then true.
      To say categorically, "There is no God," is to make an
      absolute statement. For the statement to be true, one must know for
      certain that there is no God in the entire universe.

      If you don't believe in God, what you must say
      is, "Having the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that
      there is no God." Owing to a lack of knowledge on your part, you don't
      know if God exists. So, in the strict sense of the word, you cannot be
      an atheist. You're either agnostic or omniscient.

      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 30, 2012
        I will explain Jesus' alleged suicide.

        Jesus is an all knowing, all omniscient god, who as a god surely knew the future. Or so they claim.

        Jesus also knew that his preaching and rabble rousing would piss the Romans and a lot of other Jews off.

        Jesus could have escaped but he did not.

        But, Jesus hung around, and waited for the Romans to arrest him.

        At any time in his imaginary trial, Jesus could have said...no, I am not King of the Jews, no I am not here to destroy the Roman empire and he would have lived. Allegedly, he was judged by Pontius Pilate who did not want to become involved in such shenanigans and actually washed his hands of the trial.

        Thus, Jesus willingly died by "suicide by cop (i.e. Roman soldier).

        Hope this  helps....

        And take a note: When Jesus was dying, his last words were as an Atheist when he said: Oh father, why did you "forget" (forsake) me...Jesus found out too late there is no god. Oh well.