Re: [Death To Religion] A little bit of religion never hurt anyone

    Message 1 of 63 , Mar 24 3:27 AM
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, Clint <cy2600@...> wrote:

      > Clint wrote:
      > > Richard Godwin wrote:
      > > > Bad analogy, not comparable. I know people who believe in a
      > > > deity "a little bit": means think so but unsure
      > >
      > > Sounds like agnosticism lol
      >
      > And before anyone argues my joke, I realize agnosticism would define
      > in this case, think not but unsure.

      Actually an agnostic is simply one who does not know, such a person could actually believe that there is a god even if they don't have any evidence for their position (wouldn't be rational, but it's still possible).

      Though being a bit unsure doesn't necessarily mean agnosticism (making the definition too wide would make it useless).
    • Gillespie William
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 30, 2012
        I will explain Jesus' alleged suicide.

        Jesus is an all knowing, all omniscient god, who as a god surely knew the future. Or so they claim.

        Jesus also knew that his preaching and rabble rousing would piss the Romans and a lot of other Jews off.

        Jesus could have escaped but he did not.

        But, Jesus hung around, and waited for the Romans to arrest him.

        At any time in his imaginary trial, Jesus could have said...no, I am not King of the Jews, no I am not here to destroy the Roman empire and he would have lived. Allegedly, he was judged by Pontius Pilate who did not want to become involved in such shenanigans and actually washed his hands of the trial.

        Thus, Jesus willingly died by "suicide by cop (i.e. Roman soldier).

        Hope this  helps....

        And take a note: When Jesus was dying, his last words were as an Atheist when he said: Oh father, why did you "forget" (forsake) me...Jesus found out too late there is no god. Oh well.