RE: [Death To Religion] A little bit of religion never hurt anyone

  • Rolf Schuler
    Message 1 of 63 , Mar 23, 2012
      No speculation, no. We have to face the facts, and these facts tell us that a girl can't be 'a bit pregnant' - and you can't 'believe a little bit in a god'.

      To: deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com
      From: meta@...
      Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:07:33 -0700
      Subject: Re: [Death To Religion] A little bit of religion never hurt anyone

      Wrong!! The brain doesn't work that way, but rather belief by degrees even if up to the nineties. What you say is your own speculation, right?

      From: johnsmith600031@...

      Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:31:20 +0000

      I think a little bit of religion might be a good thing. What do you think?

    • Gillespie William
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 30, 2012
        I will explain Jesus' alleged suicide.

        Jesus is an all knowing, all omniscient god, who as a god surely knew the future. Or so they claim.

        Jesus also knew that his preaching and rabble rousing would piss the Romans and a lot of other Jews off.

        Jesus could have escaped but he did not.

        But, Jesus hung around, and waited for the Romans to arrest him.

        At any time in his imaginary trial, Jesus could have said...no, I am not King of the Jews, no I am not here to destroy the Roman empire and he would have lived. Allegedly, he was judged by Pontius Pilate who did not want to become involved in such shenanigans and actually washed his hands of the trial.

        Thus, Jesus willingly died by "suicide by cop (i.e. Roman soldier).

        Hope this  helps....

        And take a note: When Jesus was dying, his last words were as an Atheist when he said: Oh father, why did you "forget" (forsake) me...Jesus found out too late there is no god. Oh well.