Michael Shermer

  • Rodg
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2011
      I just finished reading a trilogy by Michael Shermer (http://www.michaelshermer.com/) that may interest you folks:

      "Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time"

      "How We Believe, 2nd Edition: Science, Skepticism, and the Search for God"

      and

      "The Science of Good and Evil: Why People Cheat, Gossip, Care, Share, and Follow the Golden Rule"

      In the first book,Shermer dwells way too long on Holocaust deniers, and in "good and evil", he does the same on the guy who shot Reagan (I can't remember the shooter's name right now), but for the most part they are interesting reading.

      Rodg