This one could apply to both the Richards...

  • kaylee coats
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2010
      about
      tao te ching
      verse 81
      true words aren't eloquent eloquent words aren't true wise men don't need to
      prove their point men who need to prove their point aren't wise the master has
      no possessions the more he does for others the happier he is the more he gives
      to others the wealthier he is the tao nourishes by not forcing by not
      dominating, the master leads

    • praesto12
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2010
        I think there's something to be said for simply not saying anything. If I've
        met someone that's really good at something(I think about my brazilian jiu jitsu
        teacher) I have to say that he does not have an ax to grind. He will say
        something if he wants to or needs to but I don't think he has to prove a point.

        I also have to say that I like the Tao Te Ching, and aspects of Zen buddhism. In
        martial arts or the game Go I have to admit that they are describing in some
        instances real phenomena. I think we can all learn to be more humble and more
        sincere in our desire to serve others. It's a fair commentary for all of us, and
        for all of humanity.

         Richard