Re: [Death To Religion] Hi

  • praesto12
    Message 1 of 202 , Sep 12, 2010
      I don't hate Atheist. I was an Atheist.They're just wrong.

       I'm sure as heck not afraid of an 'Atheist' hahaha. That's funny. Maybe you
      just hate Christians?

      I had a friend that was a satanist. All black, upside down cross, weird tattos
      and when i looked at the guy I saw the same thing I see when I look at myself. A
      human being.  Atheist are confused, and intellectually wrong. But there are
      generally good reasons for why they began to reject God. I think 'they' mostly
      just need to talk to someone that cares about them.

       I'm not sure you are reading anything I'm posting. I love you in that you are a
      person with real issues, and I can sense the frustrations you seem to have with
      your chruch. I can' t make you use rationality when you read my emails though
      and you will see what you want to.

       Richard

      ________________________________
      Message 202 of 202 , Sep 27, 2010
        First, I didn't deny your Table of Nations. What I did say is that it is
        borrowed from Sumerian sources previously, and I indicated there is nothing
        special about genealogy as it is ubiquitous in religions. What do you think
        is significant about it? I don't see a statement of that from you. I don't
        see how logic is involved in this. Reason is, but not logic. Now: please
        state what you think is the significance of this Table of Nations or
        genealogy.

        As to the DH, I already said Wellhausen's original view is roundly revised
        by all scholars, or we might say "honed." And I think you should have
        Wesselius in mind, but that doesn't matter. So you don't think "it will go
        the way" I think? How is that? Go what way? You surely need to explain
        that. Where do you see I am not open-minded, or is that just a technique you
        make for diversion? If you think my comments are rhetorical, please explain
        why specifically, i.e. in regard to what?

        I suggest you state your view, and if you wish you can respond to my
        comments. The questions are to bring out from you what you think it means
        and how you explain it in the process of scholarship. Or do you stop with
        Wellhausen? Just let me know.

        You brought it up: the DH. So don't excuse yourself by trying to put some
        ad hominem on me. That's both silly and completely unprofessional. I did
        get to the point, but evidently you can't see it. My opinion is that I do
        accept the DH so long as it is revised to be open to variations in the
        authorship of the various authors and to be for the Primary History rather
        than the Pentateuch, and that the dates of composition are second temple
        times, contrary to most of the DH'ers (although Freedman did admit this for
        most of the authors).

        You brought it up, so evidently you have your definition of the DH in mind:
        Please tell me what is your definition. Don't put the onus on me, because
        it's your topic. Then I'll respond to that. I am not a "fan" of
        Wellhausen, and neither is any other scholar, since his concept has been
        revised.

        Your ad hominems against me have no relevance here. I suggest those remarks
        you make are only for cover up of something? What would that be?

        So please present your concept of the DH and your arguments. Perhaps I just
        jumped the gun on you. Let's begin again, and this time with YOU.

        All right?

        Rick/