New yahoogroup 'look' should be of concern

  • HumanCarol
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2010
      read some of the comments here and post your own, too:
      http://suggestions.yahoo.com/detail/?prop=groups&fid=210745

      ------------------------
      posted on creationevolutiondebate (where the new format can be seen):

      Some comments on the new Yahoogroups look:

      1) The list activity box is gone. This was useful when deciding if one wanted to join a group or not.
      2) The search function is gone. This was useful if it was necessary to show what someone had actually said. This may come back later, but it only took 2 YEARS to get that one fixed last time.
      3) The "greater than" and "less than" symbols no longer are treated as delimiters showing what someone said. As a result entire sections of posts are deleted with the comment: "Non text portions removed"
      4) Internet Explorer is encountering frequent lock-ups when accessing messages.
      5) If you do happen to have a post number and try to use it, you will get an entire page of posts, not just the one you want to see.
      6) No one seems to like it (link: http://suggestions.yahoo.com/detail/?prop=groups&fid=210745 )
      7) If you want to "vote" on it, it seems like the only option is "thumbs up".
      8) It is much less than ready to use. Many functions, when accessed, give a message along the lines of "the piant is still drying on this one".

      In short, it's horrible. So far, only two of my groups are known to have been vicitmized by this new Facebook clone. Many people are bailing on their groups and owners/moderators are complaining about major reductions in list activity. Speaking for myself only, I'm already looking for alternatives.....

      I wonder:

      I agree it's horrible. Is there anything to be done?

      Is moderation a function of this new look?

      Will this new look be eventually and automatically foisted upon all yahoogroups?