Re: [Death To Religion] R.I.P. atheism is horrible.

  • praesto12
    Message 1 of 394 , May 8, 2010
      It seems that the discussion has been rather open. If you are ashamed of what you believe then that's fine.

      Also, for clint, the "jews" are a race, biologically.
       Richard

      ________________________________
      Message 394 of 394 , Jun 4, 2010
        The inventors call it the world's first synthetic cell, although this
        initial step is more a re-creation of existing life — changing one simple
        type of bacterium into another — than a built-from-scratch kind. The result
        is what they call a “synthetic cell,” though only its genome is artificial,
        or synthetic. We have improved on nature to create versions of genes and
        proteins that do not exist in the wild.

        And, recently, we have begun to build genomes in the laboratory. The first
        to be made, eight years ago, was poliovirus. Then it became possible to make
        synthetic copies of existing bacterial genomes. Now, with the results
        published last week, we can begin to manufacture genomes for bacteria that
        do not exist in nature.
        The difficulties, however, remain great. Last week’s announcement, while an
        enormous and complex technical achievement, was a baby step toward designer
        life, not a giant leap. The resulting bacterium is little different from a
        bacterium that already exists. The principle difference is that its DNA
        carries some “watermarks” — special sequences — that identify it as having
        been made, not evolved.

        Mr. Thomas (not even a Ph.D.?) misses the point. This is not creating life
        "for the first time." The results give us the huge advantage if creation of
        NEW life from existing life.